Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year living in a house with 6 other freshers and I get on with them all fairly well. The house is a bit divided as 3 of them are really similar (and not that similar to me) so the other 4 of us are also 'a group' now, and are living together next year (along with two of their coursemates). The 3 I live with now are all really nice but sometimes I feel like they do things just the 3 of them. Some evenings they will be chatting in one of their rooms and they have been out for food together a couple of times.
    It might seem silly but I can't help feeling a bit left out. I don't know if they realise what they're doing but I think they just forget about me sometimes and I don't really want to force myself in uninvited. I'm quite close with one of them and can't decide whether I should mention how I feel to her, or whether that will just make her feel guilty. Am I just being paranoid? What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try and invite them to something or suggest a day out or something? that way you're putting the effort in and if they aren't happy to go along with plans maybe mention something to the girl you're close with, honestly I'd try and make other friends on your course also though, don't rely on flatmates just because you live together doesn't mean you're going to be the best of friends! x

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.