Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi !
    I applied, and have no news ! What about you ?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything yet either

ReputationRep:
    Same, still nothing. What courses have you chosen?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing aswell, i applied to study chemicaal engineering. what is the percentage of people who apply and recieve a interview?
    what is the percentage of people who receive an interview and then get a offer?

pembrookes taking the piss!!!!
    when do they usually give out interviews
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by justthatboy)
    Nothing aswell, i applied to study chemicaal engineering. what is the percentage of people who apply and recieve a interview?
    what is the percentage of people who receive an interview and then get a offer?

pembrookes taking the piss!!!!
    when do they usually give out interviews
    Judging by last year's thread they will start sending them soon...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post51710131

But every year/college/course can be different!

BTW approx 80% get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from Pembroke either. I am more nervous then I would like to admit.

I have applied for natsci (physics)

They said they would start sending the invitations from the second week of november, but has any of you heard of a Pembroke applicant who has recieved an invitation?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard yet either, I've applied to Engineering. Hoping we're going to hear something soon!

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan\)
    Still nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neither have I...

ReputationRep:
    I really hope they'll let us know soon.

ReputationRep:
    lol, im actually a bit more relieved seeing others not hearing anything either .... ffs most of my friends who applied have got interviews. I'm applying for engineering

ReputationRep:
    we need more participants in this thread, wats u guys' average ums (most relevant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xijinping)
    lol, im actually a bit more relieved seeing others not hearing anything either .... ffs most of my friends who applied have got interviews. I'm applying for engineering
    Most of the people in my school who applied have heard as well

ReputationRep:
    thank godness where all on the same page. When yall recieve your interview please tell us

ReputationRep:
    I agree. If and when you get an offer, could you post to let us know. Or else I might die of this wait..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justthatboy)
    thank godness where all on the same page. When yall recieve your interview please tell us
    You know what's really depressing is that in the email they sent me they said that we should contact them if we haven't heard by the 27th November. In other words, they have every right to make us wait until then before telling us - granted it would be a **** move tho
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by 8752)
    You know what's really depressing is that in the email they sent me they said that we should contact them if we haven't heard by the 27th November. In other words, they have every right to make us wait until then before telling us - granted it would be a **** move tho
    They aren't sitting on a pile of confirmed invites/rejections just waiting to send them at the last minute.

As I said in the main thread, do you *really* want them to rush and potentially make errors, or take due time and consideration over the 1000's of applications they receive?

Patience...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    They aren't sitting on a pile of confirmed invites/rejections just waiting to send them at the last minute.

As I said in the main thread, do you *really* want them to rush and potentially make errors, or take due time and consideration over the 1000's of applications they receive?

Patience...
    I wish I had more patience lol
    But isn't it that they have to give interviews to people who meet their UMS requirements?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by 8752)
    I wish I had more patience lol
    But isn't it that they have to give interviews to people who meet their UMS requirements?
    Depends. What course are you applying for - and what's your UMS?

And even if you do "auto-qualify" they still have to schedule individual interviews, etc. It's a lot of work.

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke I'm dying here

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.