Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all.
    I previously studied a few courses with Open University, never attaining anything above "certificates".
    I used Student Finance for the funding (£255 per year), but now I'm in my first year of a Higher National Diploma at college. I was successfully awarded funding this year, but I'm worried I won't get it next year.

    I have 4 "Part Time Grants" at £255 each, for four years listed on my Student Finance record. I believe they also paid for my tuition, but it's not showing on record.
    Will these hinder my future years study at college for this HND?

    I have 3 "Certificates of HE". Each with 60 credits.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    For part time funding you can apply for up to 16 years of funding, depending on the intensity of your course.

    However if you change from part time to full time, as long as the full time qualification is higher than the part time one previously gained, your previous study isn't taken into account.

    When we process your application, we look at the length of time we expect the course to take and calculate your funding based on that. If you were going to be ineligible for funding for any year of your current course, we would have applied it to your first year, so you should be fine for the duration of your HND.

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.