Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Would you travel over an hour just to get to sixth form? watch

ReputationRep:
    Title. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Title. What do you think?
    I travel more than an hour. Makes no difference whether I do or not.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I'm a bit worried about - the sixth form I want to go to is 30 minutes a day but because I'd have to travel via motorway it would be traffic and so a lot longer is tags even worth it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    This is what I'm a bit worried about - the sixth form I want to go to is 30 minutes a day but because I'd have to travel via motorway it would be traffic and so a lot longer is tags even worth it??
    I'd be more worried that you'll have the wrong username for studying A-levels tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    I'd be more worried that you'll have the wrong username for studying A-levels tbh
    Tbf I'll be gone by then hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I travel about 50 minutes and honestly the commute drains me out so much, but for the chance of a "better" education, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Aw but I've never spoke to you before so how will I make a difference to you being gone

ReputationRep:
    Yep I did it for 2 years and don't regret it

ReputationRep:
    Aw but I've never spoke to you before so how will I make a difference to you being gone
    Same way I'm sad hearing about terrorist attacks

And you'll effectively be dead to me if you leave this site :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Same way I'm sad hearing about terrorist attacks

And you'll effectively be dead to me if you leave this site :cry:
    It's all good my long gone presence will still remain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    I travel about 50 minutes and honestly the commute drains me out so much, but for the chance of a "better" education, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I use my journey to get a good rest instead, and then a 30min nap when I arrive home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I use my journey to get a good rest instead, and then a 30min nap when I arrive home.
    Same here. I just about have time to have a nap on the train omw to school lol

Nah, cba

I love the distance to my sixth form right now.
    Literally, get out of bed at 8.15, there at 8.40 , with time for breakfast and getting ready :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry you can make out that the name ExGCSE_Studentx was taken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Same here. I just about have time to have a nap on the train omw to school lol
    Its embarrassing when there is loads of people and you start to doze off, but you try fighting it to stay awake; and be making strange faces

ReputationRep:
    Its embarrassing when there is loads of people and you start to doze off, but you try fighting it to stay awake; and be making strange faces
    Haha lol ikr! Whats annoying is that I only get 10 mins because half way through there are annoying high school kids who love taking the piss and keep pressing the button to open the doors. Gosh I feel like hitting them lol. But I get the strange looks anyway - either because of my loud rock music or the fact that they can't get enough of my beautiful face :rollseyes: :rollseyes: lool XP
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    no i would hate to walk for that long, i already walk 2 miles a day for the school run so no i don't want it any longer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but my "naps" would turn into hours and I can't exactly sleep on public transport

ReputationRep:
    nope :nope:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.