Exam board transfer/conversion - UCAS help

Watch
Oiseaux
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm applying to university and I'm having a bit of a problem with my application...

I completed an AS in Biology with Edexcel in June 2014. I repeated year 12 and did AS Biology with AQA in June 2015 and due to circumstances I received a lower grade than what I got the first year with Edexcel. I then transferred/converted my Edexcel grade to AQA so I was able to continue with my school's AQA A2 course. I'm retaking an AS unit (an Edexcel paper) in June 2016.

My problem is related to filling in the 'education' section on UCAS. I know that I should put the GCE Advanced Subsidiary as being done with AQA, as the conversion to AQA has been completed. However, for the unit I am retaking, what exam board should I put down? Should it be Edexcel as the exam I am sitting will be an Edexcel paper, or AQA as the retaken unit will become part of an AQA A2 qualification? I really want to send my application off ASAP but I don't want to put the wrong thing. I emailed JCQ and they told me to ask AQA who haven't yet replied. Any help is appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (21)
30%
No - I have already returned home (8)
11.43%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (15)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
30%

Watched Threads