Turn on thread page Beta

How long will I be funded? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this may seem like a simple question but I haven't found an official answer anywhere else.

I am looking at apply for an OU course that would begin in February 2016 but I am not sure whether or not I will apply for a part-time or a full-time course.

If I apply for a part-time course which would take 6 years to complete, would I be able to receive funding for the entire 6 years, or only a portion of it?

Thank you for any information you could give me!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not sure what you mean, all OU courses are classified as part-time, even if you study 120 credits a year. If you haven't done a degree before then you will get funding for your whole degree no matter how long it takes (within reason, I think the limit is 16 years).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

Exactly as Snufkin says, as OU is distance learning, all courses are classed as part time regardless of the amount of credits you study. Depending on the intensity of study, you have up to 16 years to complete your degree, so you should receive funding for the 6 years you require.

Thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.