Turn on thread page Beta

Old friend added me on facebook. Liking my posts but not messaged me. Weird? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Adding me as a friend on facebook doesn't seem like a big deal but it is for this friendship. We were amazing friends while I was at uni from the age of 18-20. Then she met a guy and while she kept in touch to an extent it basically disappeared. I stayed friends with her sister but then she sister went crazy so I ended the friendship and moved away. Deleting my facebook too as I couldn't be bothered with it.

My friend ended up marrying her boyfriend but divorced just 6 months later. He told people he had slept with me (something that is definitely not true) and my friend seemed to believe it. We didn't speak for a few years although we didn't officially fall out.

I made a new facebook account but barely use it. 8 months ago, just a few days after creating a new one, my friend added me on there. I admit I was pleased as despite having quite a few friends I have never really felt much of a bond with any of them and she was someone I really enjoyed the company of and felt comfortable with. She is a nice person.

She had liked my posts ever since and consistently does so despite the fact I haven't liked anything of her's. She has changed her name on facebook to the nickname we had for each other.

I would love to get back in contact but I'm also hesitant. I'm worried if I do she will only stop contact again once she gets a new boyfriend. I'm worried she's only bothering with me as she's unhappy at the moment (she has mentioned she isn't the happiest at the moment on facebook posts), I'm worried she doesn't even want to be friends anyway as she hasn't messaged me at all. You would think by all this we were 16 but we are both almost 30!

What should I do next? Leave it or send a message? And what would I put in such a message.

ReputationRep:
    Just send a message like "hey" and have a small conversation, don't bring up old drama straight away

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 25, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.