The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick strict on entry requirements?

Hi :smile:

I am an Irish secondary school student and I've recently been given a conditional offer to study English literature in Warwick next year. The conditions are that I obtain 6 higher level a's in the Irish equivalent to A levels, which basically means I have to get A's in every subject as we are only allowed to count 6 anyway. At the moment I am confident about getting 5 but unsure about the sixth and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how strict they were on this sort of thing? I don't know if it's all to do with the clearing process or something but the subject I'm unsure of is not directly related to my course so I thought that may make a difference.

Original post by Sarahaveen
Hi :smile:

I am an Irish secondary school student and I've recently been given a conditional offer to study English literature in Warwick next year. The conditions are that I obtain 6 higher level a's in the Irish equivalent to A levels, which basically means I have to get A's in every subject as we are only allowed to count 6 anyway. At the moment I am confident about getting 5 but unsure about the sixth and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how strict they were on this sort of thing? I don't know if it's all to do with the clearing process or something but the subject I'm unsure of is not directly related to my course so I thought that may make a difference.

They were lenient on letting people in who missed their offers by a grade this year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I know many people who missed their offer by a few UMS and still didn't get in. They are more lenient towards the Arts if you firm them (maybe by 1 grade and if you email them a good reason), but with the sciences it's ridiculous due to the average grade, being A*AA-A*A*A, everyone manages to beat their offer. Good luck, hopefully you dont have to go through this! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending