Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am an Irish secondary school student and I've recently been given a conditional offer to study English literature in Warwick next year. The conditions are that I obtain 6 higher level a's in the Irish equivalent to A levels, which basically means I have to get A's in every subject as we are only allowed to count 6 anyway. At the moment I am confident about getting 5 but unsure about the sixth and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how strict they were on this sort of thing? I don't know if it's all to do with the clearing process or something but the subject I'm unsure of is not directly related to my course so I thought that may make a difference.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahaveen)
    Hi

I am an Irish secondary school student and I've recently been given a conditional offer to study English literature in Warwick next year. The conditions are that I obtain 6 higher level a's in the Irish equivalent to A levels, which basically means I have to get A's in every subject as we are only allowed to count 6 anyway. At the moment I am confident about getting 5 but unsure about the sixth and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how strict they were on this sort of thing? I don't know if it's all to do with the clearing process or something but the subject I'm unsure of is not directly related to my course so I thought that may make a difference.

thanks
    They were lenient on letting people in who missed their offers by a grade this year.

ReputationRep:
    I know many people who missed their offer by a few UMS and still didn't get in. They are more lenient towards the Arts if you firm them (maybe by 1 grade and if you email them a good reason), but with the sciences it's ridiculous due to the average grade, being A*AA-A*A*A, everyone manages to beat their offer. Good luck, hopefully you dont have to go through this!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.