Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    You're such a whore :rolleyes:
    i prefer to equate myself to that of a high class hooker thankyou very much. and im still waiting on that invite from a nice member...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Ha ha! 6 string has 3 invites though - and I count 3 beggars on this thread. One each!

Oh 6 string - if I told you you could get £40-50 for each one on ebay, would that make me worthy of a freebie? Or would you just toddle off and earn a quick £150?
    lol probably the latter but i already knew that, dont really wanan sell it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    i prefer to equate myself to that of a high class hooker thankyou very much. and im still waiting on that invite from a nice member...
    Well considering that you got neg rep after asking for pos rep, I'd say that you're more likely to get spam and viruses from these people.

ReputationRep:
    how do you actually get an invite then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    The going rate seems to be about £5.
    They all start off low and stay there for ages, then right at the end they go up to about 40/50.

6 string - well if you don't want to sell, you know where to come

ReputationRep:
    Ok well I've just been proved wrong - one just went for £12! The last one I saw went for about £50! That seller must be a bit pissed off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Ok well I've just been proved wrong - one just went for £12! The last one I saw went for about £50! That seller must be a bit pissed off!
    I'd still be happy with the £12

ReputationRep:
    after much begging i now pertain 2 gmail accounts:

[email protected]
    [email protected]

i am very happy once more, and very nearly retained my dignity. good luck to all those wishing to follow in my footsteps. perseverance is the key.

ReputationRep:
    after much begging i now pertain 2 gmail accounts:

[email protected]
    [email protected]

i am very happy once more, and very nearly retained my dignity. good luck to all those wishing to follow in my footsteps. perseverance is the key.
    You lucky *~#$ How did you manage it in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    You lucky *~#$ How did you manage it in the end?
    beg until you feel like you have lost all respect for yourself on gmailswap.com. someone will take pity on you. twice if you are lucky.

ReputationRep:
    beg until you feel like you have lost all respect for yourself on gmailswap.com. someone will take pity on you. twice if you are lucky.
    So you're now a fat, hairy geeks sex toy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    So you're now a fat, hairy geeks sex toy?
    no some woman said she would give me an invite if i shut up, then i got cocky and asked for 2, and she actually gave me them !lol

ReputationRep:
    The discrepancy in what people will trade for a gmail invite is shocking. Many give them away for free, yet still somebody was willing to buy me a $30 hosting package for 2 of my invites ;D

ReputationRep:
    Woo, I got an invite earlier. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If you get invited to join gmail, do you then get invites yourself? Or have I got this wrong? surely all UKL members could get gmail if invites were spread out cleverly?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!

ReputationRep:
    Quick question to those with gmail.

The person I've negociated a swap with has sent me an email saying it's necessary he knows my first and last name for him to issue me with it.

That can't be true, can it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Quick question to those with gmail.

The person I've negociated a swap with has sent me an email saying it's necessary he knows my first and last name for him to issue me with it.

That can't be true, can it?
    it is kind of true. when filling out an email invite form you need to put in first name, last name and email address. but he could easily just make some name up it doesnt matter.

and no you dont get invites to give out... i dont know how you get to give invites...

ReputationRep:
    it is kind of true. when filling out an email invite form you need to put in first name, last name and email address. but he could easily just make some name up it doesnt matter.

and no you dont get invites to give out... i dont know how you get to give invites...
    It seems to be a lottery system, but some people are getting 2 new invites a week! Surely we could set something up among us?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.