Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If a guy tries to make you jealous does it mean he has feelings for you? watch

Does it mean that he likes me or he's just trying to get an ego boost?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he probably does have feelings for you. Why don't you ask him outright?

(Original post by Heironymous)
    Yes, he probably does have feelings for you. Why don't you ask him outright?
    Because I'm getting mixed signals off him and I think he's just trying to take the mick out of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because I'm getting mixed signals off him and I think he's just trying to take the mick out of me
    Okay, is he an acquiantance, friend, close friend? If he's any kind of friend he won't want to make you feel or look foolish. I don't want to pry, but how do you feel about him? Do you have feelings for him that way?

(Original post by Heironymous)
    Okay, is he an acquiantance, friend, close friend? If he's any kind of friend he won't want to make you feel or look foolish. I don't want to pry, but how do you feel about him? Do you have feelings for him that way?
    He's a work colleague. I think he asked me out at some point a couple of years ago but I wasn't interested. Since then I've kind of started to think he's cute and funny but I don't think he's interested anymore as he would have asked me out again surely?

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you like him, and he's not attached, why don't you ask him out to a movie or for a coffee after work? If he's asked you out before then he probably does still like you. Ask him along with another friend or workmate maybe, and then subtly make a move, or wait till he does? Don't worry about feeling foolish. If he's a nice guy that won't happen. What have you got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    Does it mean that he likes me or he's just trying to get an ego boost?
    He cares about you because he's only making you jealous because he wants a reaction from you. But maybe he should grow up and be straight with you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe but hes not worth dating anyway that is 5 year old antics fam

Ego boost. Don't entertain him.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't want to be with someone immature enough to try to make you jealous. Leave it

ReputationRep:
    my ex tried to make me jealous and failed, but began to realise it was time to be honest about his feelings and told me everything later on and we were able to work things out-slowly.
    typically, (basing this on experience), when a guy is making you jealous, try to figure or WHY he is doing so. Has he been friendly towards you before? Has he ever hinted strongly that he likes you a lot? if so, then there is a chance that he could be in to you and if that is the case, try to talk to him and take things further.
    However, some guys can potentially be making you jealous for an ego boost, both girls and guys do it for confidence or to try to increase self-esteem. Many of my guy friends have gotten with girls they just met to make another girl or even guy jealous. if he doesn't take an interest in you or your well-being and seems a little conceited, do yourself a favour and try to move on from this.

All great advice on here, thanks ladies and gents

ReputationRep:
    He's a work colleague. I think he asked me out at some point a couple of years ago but I wasn't interested. Since then I've kind of started to think he's cute and funny but I don't think he's interested anymore as he would have asked me out again surely?
    Hahaha..."he would have asked me out again"!!! Why would he? You rejected him once. That hurts guys you know. It's your turn...

(Original post by jkpmc)
    Hahaha..."he would have asked me out again"!!! Why would he? You rejected him once. That hurts guys you know. It's your turn...
    How would you advise I go about this sensitively?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's so quick to jump at him

He asked OP out, she said no. Now that he's talking to another girl because OP rejected him, suddenly he's trying to make her jealous? now that he's talking to someone else, "I think he's cute & funny"

If I asked a girl out and she said no I'd never ask her again unless she specifically said she liked me

(Original post by Darien91)
    Everyone's so quick to jump at him

He asked OP out, she said no. Now that he's talking to another girl because OP rejected him, suddenly he's trying to make her jealous? now that he's talking to someone else, "I think he's cute & funny"

If I asked a girl out and she said no I'd never ask her again unless she specifically said she liked me
    He knows I have a bit of a crush on him...

ReputationRep:
    It means he is immature and would likely be a terrible partner if that's the whole story.

Don't get involved with morons who play mind games in an attempt to "win" you. And in turn don't do it to anyone else either. Life is so much easier when you're just open and honest.

ReputationRep:
    He knows I have a bit of a crush on him...
    How does he know? and at the end of the day you still rejected him when he asked, why wouldn't he think you'd do it again?

Why don't you ask him out then?

(Original post by Darien91)
    How does he know? and at the end of the day you still rejected him when he asked, why wouldn't he think you'd do it again?

Why don't you ask him out then?
    He asked me outright if I liked him and I told him the truth as I figured lying would be pointless

Because it's unwomanly. That's what sluts do, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    He asked me outright if I liked him and I told him the truth as I figured lying would be pointless

Because it's unwomanly. That's what sluts do, isn't it?
    That a ridiculously stupid, ignorant and sexist thing to say.

Please grow up. I ask men out if I'm interested, so am I suddenly a slut?

Pathetic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.