Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to study Sociology starting 2016, and UCLan is one of my options. I'd like to know what others think of the course and whether they'd recommend it. I like the flexibility of the course!
    Is the research up to date?
    Is there opportunities to do your own research?
    Is there opportunities to get involved and help out in current research taking place by staff?
    Are there opportunities to go abroad?
    How much contact time a week?
    Does the first year count towards your degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieharris)
    I'm looking to study Sociology starting 2016, and UCLan is one of my options. I'd like to know what others think of the course and whether they'd recommend it. I like the flexibility of the course!
    Is the research up to date?
    Is there opportunities to do your own research?
    Is there opportunities to get involved and help out in current research taking place by staff?
    Are there opportunities to go abroad?
    How much contact time a week?
    Does the first year count towards your degree?
    Probably a bit late replying but i'm going to study sociology this year at UCLAN after completing my foundation entry in sociology.

There are opportunities to conduct our own research. Contact time is roughly 12 hours a week (although can be dependent on modules picked). The first year doesn't count towards the degree no, believe the research is up to date and they are abroad opportunities.

I also like the flexibility of the course.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.