The Student Room Group

Will Leicester finish in the top half of the table?

What's your predictions on where Leicester will finish? Will they stay in the top 4 or the top half of the table or will they get fall into the bottom half of the table?

Scroll to see replies

top half
Relegated.
Reply 3
Original post by Randall13
Relegated.
why do you think they will be relegated
Reply 4
inb4 Salty Little Fingers
Reply 5
Top 10.

I'd like some stats on what distances Leicester players are running this year compared to last year.
7th at best

Top 6 will be the same as last season
Absolutely no way of telling right now when the only top side they have faced is Arsenal and although they played well, they were abysmal defensively and got completely bent over and ****ed.

Ask after Christmas once they've played City et al.
Original post by leinad2012
Absolutely no way of telling right now when the only top side they have faced is Arsenal and although they played well, they were abysmal defensively and got completely bent over and ****ed.

Ask after Christmas once they've played City et al.

Why do they need to beat top teams to finish 10th......?

You honestly think there's no way of telling where a team will finish after three months.....?

50 points is the minimum points score for 10th. Leicester have 25. They only need 7 wins to guarantee 10th. Given they have dross like Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich to play again who they should maul, I don't really have any doubts.
Original post by Diego Costa
You honestly think there's no way of telling where a team will finish after three months.....?

Well if we take this stage last season as an example...

Southampton were 2nd with the tightest defence in the league
Newcastle were 5th and only stayed up on the final day
Palace were 19th and finished top half
Liverpool and Spurs were bottom half

Don't forget West Ham were 4th on Christmas Day last year too
Original post by sr90
Well if we take this stage last season as an example...

Southampton were 2nd with the tightest defence in the league
Newcastle were 5th and only stayed up on the final day
Palace were 19th and finished top half
Liverpool and Spurs were bottom half

Don't forget West Ham were 4th on Christmas Day last year too

Newcastle and Palace had managerial changes where Pardew was swapped with an idiot.

Southampton ended up with the second tightest defence all season and if not for one goal would have had the tightest. Nobody with knowledge predicted Southampton for second, but it was an indicator for a top finish.

Spurs weren't bottom half at this point last year.

Again nobody expected Liverpool to finish bottom half, however it was an indicator of poor performance, evidenced by them finishing sixth.

West Ham are the only team who ended up defying predictions at this point, but that's only because Big Sam defied effective tactics in favour of shoehorning Nolan in.

So when they had a game in hand to all bar one in the top half. When they did play the game in hand, they weren't any longer. http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2014-2015/table/2014-11-24
Original post by Diego Costa
So when they had a game in hand to all bar one in the top half. When they did play the game in hand, they weren't any longer. http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2014-2015/table/2014-11-24

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29868773
I reckon they'd be in for a Europa League spot depending on cup winners.
Reply 15
3rd
Reply 16
They definitely should.

I can't see them finishing top six, if I'm honest. I expect the top four will be the same as last year, but with Tottenham replacing Chelsea. Liverpool, over the course of the season, should have enough to finish fifth (anything else will surely be a massive disappointment given Klopp and the squad) with Chelsea not far behind if they sort themselves sharpish.

Leicester are a better side than West Ham, I'd say, and can easily finish seventh if Everton remain inconsistently frustrating.
Reply 17
Original post by Mackay
They definitely should.

I can't see them finishing top six, if I'm honest. I expect the top four will be the same as last year, but with Tottenham replacing Chelsea. Liverpool, over the course of the season, should have enough to finish fifth (anything else will surely be a massive disappointment given Klopp and the squad) with Chelsea not far behind if they sort themselves sharpish.

Leicester are a better side than West Ham, I'd say, and can easily finish seventh if Everton remain inconsistently frustrating.

Everton have been one of the most consistent teams this season!

They've only lost to Utd,City and Arsenal!

Course they are bound to drop points v Villa now .
Reply 18
Original post by moggis
Everton have been one of the most consistent teams this season!

They've only lost to Utd,City and Arsenal!

Course they are bound to drop points v Villa now .

They didn't impress me in a few games though, to be honest. Tim Howard's form is a worry, too.
Easily top half.

Quick Reply