Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will Leicester finish in the top half of the table? watch

ReputationRep:
    What's your predictions on where Leicester will finish? Will they stay in the top 4 or the top half of the table or will they get fall into the bottom half of the table?

ReputationRep:
    top half

ReputationRep:
    Relegated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randall13)
    Relegated.
    why do you think they will be relegated

ReputationRep:
    inb4 Salty Little Fingers

ReputationRep:
    Top 10.

I'd like some stats on what distances Leicester players are running this year compared to last year.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    7th at best

Top 6 will be the same as last season

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no way of telling right now when the only top side they have faced is Arsenal and although they played well, they were abysmal defensively and got completely bent over and ****ed.

Ask after Christmas once they've played City et al.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Absolutely no way of telling right now when the only top side they have faced is Arsenal and although they played well, they were abysmal defensively and got completely bent over and ****ed.

Ask after Christmas once they've played City et al.
    Why do they need to beat top teams to finish 10th......?

You honestly think there's no way of telling where a team will finish after three months.....?

50 points is the minimum points score for 10th. Leicester have 25. They only need 7 wins to guarantee 10th. Given they have dross like Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich to play again who they should maul, I don't really have any doubts.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    You honestly think there's no way of telling where a team will finish after three months.....?
    Well if we take this stage last season as an example...

Southampton were 2nd with the tightest defence in the league
    Newcastle were 5th and only stayed up on the final day
    Palace were 19th and finished top half
    Liverpool and Spurs were bottom half

Don't forget West Ham were 4th on Christmas Day last year too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Well if we take this stage last season as an example...

Southampton were 2nd with the tightest defence in the league
    Newcastle were 5th and only stayed up on the final day
    Palace were 19th and finished top half
    Liverpool and Spurs were bottom half

Don't forget West Ham were 4th on Christmas Day last year too
    Newcastle and Palace had managerial changes where Pardew was swapped with an idiot.

Southampton ended up with the second tightest defence all season and if not for one goal would have had the tightest. Nobody with knowledge predicted Southampton for second, but it was an indicator for a top finish.

Spurs weren't bottom half at this point last year.

Again nobody expected Liverpool to finish bottom half, however it was an indicator of poor performance, evidenced by them finishing sixth.

West Ham are the only team who ended up defying predictions at this point, but that's only because Big Sam defied effective tactics in favour of shoehorning Nolan in.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spurs weren't bottom half at this point last year.
    http://www.statto.com/football/stats...ble/2014-11-22

ReputationRep:
    So when they had a game in hand to all bar one in the top half. When they did play the game in hand, they weren't any longer. http://www.statto.com/football/stats...ble/2014-11-24
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So when they had a game in hand to all bar one in the top half. When they did play the game in hand, they weren't any longer. http://www.statto.com/football/stats...ble/2014-11-24
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29868773

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they'd be in for a Europa League spot depending on cup winners.

ReputationRep:
    13th
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    3rd
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They definitely should.

I can't see them finishing top six, if I'm honest. I expect the top four will be the same as last year, but with Tottenham replacing Chelsea. Liverpool, over the course of the season, should have enough to finish fifth (anything else will surely be a massive disappointment given Klopp and the squad) with Chelsea not far behind if they sort themselves sharpish.

Leicester are a better side than West Ham, I'd say, and can easily finish seventh if Everton remain inconsistently frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    They definitely should.

I can't see them finishing top six, if I'm honest. I expect the top four will be the same as last year, but with Tottenham replacing Chelsea. Liverpool, over the course of the season, should have enough to finish fifth (anything else will surely be a massive disappointment given Klopp and the squad) with Chelsea not far behind if they sort themselves sharpish.

Leicester are a better side than West Ham, I'd say, and can easily finish seventh if Everton remain inconsistently frustrating.
    Everton have been one of the most consistent teams this season!

They've only lost to Utd,City and Arsenal!

Course they are bound to drop points v Villa now .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by moggis)
    Everton have been one of the most consistent teams this season!

They've only lost to Utd,City and Arsenal!

Course they are bound to drop points v Villa now .
    They didn't impress me in a few games though, to be honest. Tim Howard's form is a worry, too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 24, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.