The Student Room Group

Muslims in the West, should be more vocal against terrorism...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AzimH
:colondollar: Thanks. I'm glad you agree with me.

Your welcome - you wrote it very well and tbh it covers everything I've always said
Reply 41
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Your welcome - you wrote it very well and tbh it covers everything I've always said

Again thank you. I'm just sick of seeing this everyday. I hate seeing people say that all muslims are terrorists even though I'm just a normal 18 year old teenager attending university. It seems like I will never have a normal life unless I change my religion which I don't ever plan on doing.
Original post by AzimH
Again thank you. I'm just sick of seeing this everyday. I hate seeing people say that all muslims are terrorists even though I'm just a normal 18 year old teenager attending university. It seems like I will never have a normal life unless I change my religion which I don't ever plan on doing.

I applaud you on sticking to your beliefs because I am exactly the same! We shouldn't have to justify our beliefs or change who we are just because the terrorists decide on killing people which have no correlation to Islam whatsoever so regardless of what people believe don't let them get to you at the end of the day we have to strong in religion because it's just a test
Reply 43
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
I applaud you on sticking to your beliefs because I am exactly the same! We shouldn't have to justify our beliefs or change who we are just because the terrorists decide on killing people which have no correlation to Islam whatsoever so regardless of what people believe don't let them get to you at the end of the day we have to strong in religion because it's just a test

Exactly, truer words have never been said. By individuals blaming the majority of Muslims for recent events they are playing directly into the terrorists hands by causing a division. Thank you, I won't let the bigots get to me and I will always hold my head up high as a Muslim. I wish you all the best and I hope you too can stay strong.
Reply 44
No, why should Muslims go out of their own way to condemn something which is obviously wrong?
People make it as if they are glad thousands of their own people are being killed.

Maybe idiots shouldn't listen to everything they hear, perhaps then they'll finally come to their senses.
Reply 45
Original post by Rk2k14
No, why should Muslims go out of their own way to condemn something which is obviously wrong?
People make it as if they are glad thousands of their own people are being killed.

Maybe idiots shouldn't listen to everything they hear, perhaps then they'll finally come to their senses.

Because if you don't, the West will become increasing intolerance of Muslims. Is that what you want? Is that really going to serve your interests? So stop being stubborn.
Reply 46
Original post by seeXYZ
Because if you don't, the West will become increasing intolerance of Muslims. Is that what you want? Is that really going to serve your interests? So stop being stubborn.

You act as if Muslims are supporting these attacks. Countless have already stood against these acts but you're forgetting that.

If people had any sense then they'd know this has nothing to do with Islam. Perhaps people in the West should stop being so stubborn and not just listen to whatever their told. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims live in the West, possibly millions. Notice how the majority haven't gone full terror. Not all of us.
(edited 8 years ago)
By that logic, white males should condemn paedophilia (look at our own Houses of Parliament), honour killings (fights over girlfriends) and other horrific crimes.

Islam has its problems, but asking Muslims to condemn certain things is wrong.
Reply 48
Original post by Rk2k14
You act as if Muslims are supporting these attacks. Countless have already stood against these acts but you're forgetting that.

If people had any sense then they'd know this has nothing to do with Islam. Perhaps people in the West should stop being so stubborn and not just listen to whatever their told. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims live in the West, possibly millions. Notice how the majority haven't gone full terror. Not all of us.

Please refer to comment #25.
We shouldnt have to do anything, why can you be vocal as well? I am taking no responsibility in whats happened- so why should I justify my religion?
Original post by AzimH
A lot of high ranking Imams have rightly stated that ISIS are not Muslims and have opposed them, however that being said people continue to say stuff like "ISIS are Muslims and all Muslims are terrorist". You just have to look at TSR to see this as well. No matter what we say, we will be ignored and told that we are terrorists regardless. So I actually see no point in speaking out now as my words mean so little.

We'll be damned if we do, we'll be damned if we don't.

As much as it hurts, I have to agree with this. No good news about Islam is ever talked about because good news doesn't sell.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, which I belong to, has a single worldwide leader who has spoken in

the European Parliament,

the House of Commons,

the Dutch Parliament,

the German Military Headquarters,

the US Congress

held several peace symposiums around the world

and has met countless politicians

All for the sole reason of spreading peace. But none of that is ever in in the media. Furthermore, we raised over £400k for the Poppy Appeal this year and even got a letter of acknowledgment from David Cameron for our efforts, raised millions of pounds over the last 10 years for several charities, celebrated the Royal Wedding, the Queens Diamond Jubilee, and spread the message of "Love for All, Hatred for None" to the world.

Yet, all this is overshadowed by the likes of terrorism in the name of Islam, the few Muslims who burnt poppies, and other incidents. I still wouldn't stop doing what we are doing. I'm not looking for credit from other people. I'm taking part in all this because I believe it's the right thing to do.

It's a shame that most people aren't made aware of these beautiful actions by Muslims simply because it wouldn't sell.

Here is one great peace written by Ed West in the Evening Standard about the Ahmadiyya Community: http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/ed-west-our-own-london-caliphate-is-doing-nothing-but-good-a3071616.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirza_Masroor_Ahmad
www.ahmadiyya.org.uk
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending