The Student Room Group

Should we crank down on Islam?

After the Paris attacks, I think we can ill-afford not to. It's a dangerous ideology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by floury
After the Paris attacks, I think we can ill-afford not to. It's a dangerous ideology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hugely disagree with what happened in Paris and oppose anyone supporting or even justifying the attacks, be it Muslim or non Muslim.
However, it must be said that there are Muslims (mainly Shia) that are opposing ISIS and fighting them. ISIS follow Saudi Arabia, which has diplomatic relations with the west- this is the problem.
Reply 2
I can imagine ISIS's press release the next day, "look guys we were right all along".

Questions need to be asked as to why young Muslims are attracted to terrorist groups. However claiming that Islam as a whole is the problem is intellectually lazy and will cause more terrorism and hate in the long run. If we want to deal with terrorism and stop attacks like this we need a multifaceted approach that will involve Muslims.
How are you going to crank down on Islam? Let's say you restrict Islam. Close down Mosques and prevent the selling of praying carpets (hypothetical). Muslims pray any place that's clean, so that doesn't do much. Mosques aren't necessary and pretty much any building can become a mosque if it is stationed to be.

What about surveying homes to see if there's any Muslims? What are you gonna do exactly? Add a checkbox for people to tick whether or not they're Muslim? I don't think any rational person who knows they're going to get into trouble will tick yes.

What about banning halal meat? Well, vegetarians? Or they'll just find other sources.

But I guess it all hinges upon what you mean by 'cranking down'?
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? Because a news station told you that Islamicaly-Inspired Terrorists are committing henious crimes? What about the Israelis killing innocent people in Gaza non-stop? Why don't we crank down on Islam.

Tell you what we really need to crank down on, is naive people like yourself. We need to make sure we open up your mindset and make your learn about Islam before you make statements. Its a free world, you can say anything. But expect answers to be against you for saying something without any proof. It's like you saying Tesco should be banned because of the Horse-Meat incident and the bad customer service in recent years.
Reply 5
How the media influences people concerns me.
(edited 8 years ago)
i think OP means crack down :dontknow:
Not just Islam but all religion, I cannot believe people actually actively preach stuff from holy scriptures written thousands of years ago.

Religion should become an attitude to life and not a form of social power.
Reply 8
How do you crack down on a belief system without embracing totalitarianism? How absurd.
Reply 9
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Islam isn't an ideology, it's a religion. Nearly all religions have extremists, even Christianity (The Troubles). Do you know many Muslims? The vast majority absolutely abhor ISIS and these attacks.

Your statement reeks of ignorance and racism.
Oh, another of these threads... :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ban the burka.
Reply 12
Actually,surely the ideal solution would be for all western males to pretend to become Muslims.

From what I've observed they could still drink,sleep around, gamble,fight and even commit serious crimes.

So,doable.
(edited 8 years ago)
can we ban/ arrest white people having no idea what they're talking about and spewing out ignorant racist shi t. The world would be a better place

Isis are like 0.1% of the Muslim population. They're hardly representatives for the rest of us. The White media uses them for propaganda against Muslims. The only dumbazz people who believe them are white people. Other minorities blacks Latinos East Asians seem to understand that Normal Muslims r not like Isis n the media Lies. But then again they're discriminated against as well so understand better
Reply 14
Original post by mil88
I hugely disagree with what happened in Paris and oppose anyone supporting or even justifying the attacks, be it Muslim or non Muslim.
However, it must be said that there are Muslims (mainly Shia) that are opposing ISIS and fighting them. ISIS follow Saudi Arabia, which has diplomatic relations with the west- this is the problem.

"Mainly shia" Lol.
Kid don't be talking about topics you have knowledge of.
Reply 15
Original post by mil88

"Mainly shia" Lol.
Kid don't be talking about topics you have knowledge of.
Reply 16
Original post by Ribbit1234
can we ban/ arrest white people having no idea what they're talking about and spewing out ignorant racist shi t. The world would be a better place

Islam is neither a race nor is it associated with any particular race. By your logic, you should also be arrested for spewing ignorance.

Original post by Ribbit1234
Isis are like 0.1% of the Muslim population. They're hardly representatives for the rest of us. The White media uses them for propaganda against Muslims. The only dumbazz people who believe them are white people. Other minorities blacks Latinos East Asians seem to understand that Normal Muslims r not like Isis n the media Lies. But then again they're discriminated against as well so understand better

ISIS may be a small minority, but its actions are justified by Islam. I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of your point, as you've clearly never read a book and aren't worth my time.
Erm, how about crank down the the individuals that did this instead. Take the curse away from both sides.
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, but were the Muslims imported specifically with this reaction in mind - after all, it was obvious that there would be a major muslim terrorist event in a year or so.
Reply 19
We should crack down on Wahhabism.

Quick Reply

Latest