Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this watch

ReputationRep:
    For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

Muslims refugees have been put in concentration camps and not welcomed either.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    "say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens"

There it is.

ReputationRep:
    No, what caused it was a delusional belief in Allah.

Come on, scriptures written centuries ago are not accurate and they are meaningless, they were written by primitive people on a primitive Earth trying to understand the world. If a God exists, he certainly is not in the form that these holy scriptures depict him to be.

These people killed others and themselves genuinely thinking that they were doing the right thing for their religion. This absurd dedication to such a hollow concept is what caused this. The reason that God can't exist is because he is interpreted in so many different forms across the world, if each scripture said the exact same things despite the geographical separation then maybe God could exist, but it's evident that it is just the same story with a different flavour.

And these people somehow got their lives mixed up in this delusion and they died young and killed innocent people.

But they are deluded:

1. killing innocent people does not harm the war effort against them
    2. killing innocent people means that almost everyone will want to attack them
    3. the death of these terrorists means their potentials were capped, they had no real power in the world, imagine if instead of being responsible for ending 120 lives they came to REAL power in the modern world and managed to do a lot more damage

they are probably celebrating this as a victory, but 120 people is nothing, my heart goes out to all of the innocent people who died because of arrogance and religion, but IS are going to have to hit a lot harder if they want to incur genuine damage, 3000 deaths on 9/11 didn't break us, this won't.

ReputationRep:
    Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this
    No

Evil men with guns and bombs caused the events of last night.

ReputationRep:
    USA where muslims are doing quite well have some of the lowest levels of domestic terrorism. So it's clear it's an economic issue too. France has a lot of slums, racism etc.

ReputationRep:
    It's true that since 9/11 Muslims have faced some backlash and resentment but OP there's more to it than that.

ReputationRep:
    Could those issues raise be a response to the rise of Islamism, rather than a cause?

People would not fear Islam if there wasn't a problem in the first place.

Islamophobia is also a meaningless term. You should just use the words "discrimination towards Muslims".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sales89)
    The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.
    It kind of sounds like you're threatening more of these attacks unless people go along with and respect your beliefs and stop speaking negatively about the refugee situation and your religion.

I don't think that's terribly appropriate. Subtly threatening people with violence unless they conform to your way of thinking while rationalising the actions of terrorists isn't going to make people like me that distrust Islam see you in a more positive light. You only convince me that I am right to distrust you with such words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    USA where muslims are doing quite well have some of the lowest levels of domestic terrorism. So it's clear it's an economic issue too. France has a lot of slums, racism etc.
    I know many Arabs have faced racism in France and non Arabs ,I'm scared to go there myself!

ReputationRep:
    As usual we get the blame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I know many Arabs have faced racism in France and non Arabs ,I'm scared to go there myself!
    I best cancel our hotel in Paris then.

Sigh.

Are you actually joking? People have DIED. Do you know what that means? Do you know what it feels like to have your loved ones taken away from you like that? No you don't.

You are right. I can't share my opinions on islam with some Muslims in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this
    It really didn't.

People shooting folk and blowing stuff up caused it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    To be fair, apart from he border with Mexico, the Americans have pretty tough immigration laws so they can cream off the Muslim businessman, Muslim doctor and such people are less likely to kill people because they have so much to live for.

A lot of problems could be solved by just not letting poor people into your country, not even banning a specific religion; just people with nothing to live for are dangerous

ReputationRep:
    This is a definitive example of victim blaming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Have you ever just stopped and thought about why the French are getting pissed off, rather than just thinking about yourself and playing the victim card?

If you want racism, try pretty much any Arab country, the one's I'm assuming you came from, and then come back to us.

ReputationRep:
    For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

Are you seriously giving Muslims agency to shoot up France based upon racism? Are you actually sympathising with the terrorists mere hours after they perpetrated most vicious attack on the West of this decade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    To be fair, apart from he border with Mexico, the Americans have pretty tough immigration laws so they can cream off the Muslim businessman, Muslim doctor and such people are less likely to kill people because they have so much to live for.

A lot of problems could be solved by just not letting poor people into your country, not even banning a specific religion; just people with nothing to live for are dangerous
    USA is and was a lot more open to foreign immigration, Likewise with Canada too. Both have a low proportion of domestic terrorism and muslim communities are doing quite well.

Less welfare dependency, better housing, incomes - you name it.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute gold, so muslims (most likely) have killed over 100 people and it's us who get the blame

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by napkinsquirrel)
    Are you seriously giving Muslims agency to shoot up France based upon racism? Are you actually sympathising with the terrorists mere hours after they perpetrated most vicious attack on the West of this decade?
    Nope he is saying it's a state of affairs. As we know in some very poor parts of the USA rampant racism exists to alarming levels. When you take away housing, jobs etc all you have left is discrimination and anger.

I'm not justifying it for a second. But take a look at white supremacists going on random shooting sprees they are usually dirt poor and poorly educated.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.