The Student Room Group

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueberrypollen
I agree with you to an extent.

Of course, not all Muslims comitting attacks will do it because of Islam. But I think when attacks are done in the NAME of Islam, they usually are due to its teaching i..e ISIS which in my opinion is just as Islamic as the next Muslim.

Some teachings are taken out of context, others aren't. For example, destroying idols or taking girls as slaves (non-Muslims), or charging the jizya. These are clear Islamic teachings which the Prophet (a.s.) condoned.

It's good that you acknowledge Islam is responsibe to a degree. I can't stand the brothers and sisters who deny it at all costs. It prevents us as a community actually standing against real issues (such as pure Anti-Muslim Bigotry).

Yet again, you have raised many good points. It is unfortunate that there are some Muslims out there that will defend religion at all costs without... how do I put it... Practicing before they preach? After all I was one, and now it is getting to the point where I start questioning religion to this day, including my own. However, I will have to give it some credit for opening my mind to some of the atrocities that it brings.

Finally, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Paris who have been affected by this tragedy, along with anyone who has been hurt by the wrath of ISIS and Islam in general.
Original post by queen-bee
I know many Arabs have faced racism in France and non Arabs ,I'm scared to go there myself!

The french dislike anyone not French lol
How can you ever blame the killing of innocent lives with any religion???!! Islam clearly teaches that killing one innocent life is like killing the whole of humanity....PLUS suicide is forbidden in Islam, let alone suicide bombing!

I think these killers are purely politically motivated, just because one said Allahu Akbar doesnt mean they have Islamic intentions in any way!

And it goes without saying that my prayers go out to the victims of the massacre and all the millions of muslims who are now more vulnerable to islamophobic attacks....one hijabi woman has already been glass bottled in LONDON!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samcharles
How can you ever justify killing innocent lives with any religion???!! Islam clearly teaches that killing one innocent life is like killing the whole of humanity....PLUS suicide is forbidden in Islam, let alone suicide bombing!

I think these killers are purely politically motivated, just because one said Allahu Akbar doesnt mean they have Islamic intentions in any way!

And it goes without saying that my prayers go out to the victims of the massacre and all the millions of muslims who are now more vulnerable to islamophobic attacks....one hijabi woman has already been glass bottled in LONDON!

Did you even read what I put? I WILL NEVER JUSTIFY KILLING WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION! I clearly stated that with the first post I put. That people need to stop using religion as an excuse.
Reading the OP makes me think that British Muslims will never integrate and there will be no peace.in my lifeime.

Hopefully he is totally unrepresentative of decent, thinking Muslims and that feeling is misguided. Because if he speaks for any other than a small lunatic fringe we are doomed. Muslims and non Muslims alike.
Original post by generallee
Reading the OP makes me think that British Muslims will never integrate and there will be no peace.in my lifeime.

Hopefully he is totally unrepresentative of decent, thinking Muslims and that feeling is misguided. Because if he speaks for any other than a small lunatic fringe we are doomed. Muslims and non Muslims alike.

I fully agree, I for one, as a muslim feel that we are treated well and fairly in the UK. With that said there is a worrying rise in islamophobic attacks and the media is really not helping that, neither the lunatics who decide to say allahu akbar before pulling the trigger, but we are not usually discriminated against in such a way as described by the OP.

These killers were purely politically motivated....I think we are forgetting that Assad is butchering people in Syria and creating heartless blood thirsty murderers....SOLUTION: overthrow Assad and elect a just Syrian leader to control ISIS!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 186
I'm not going to say Islam is bad because of the actions of certain people.
No reasonable person expects you to, but how about saying Islam is bad because of the contents of the Quran and hadith? You know, all the stuff permitting taking slaves from opponents, using slaves for sex, executing prisoners, killing those who oppose Islam, torture, death for following your religious or sexual conscience, assassination of political opponents, wife beating. Little things like that?

Bear in mind that one of the central tenets of Islam are the beliefs that the Quran is as true and applicable today as it was 1400 years ago, and that the actions and sayings of Muhammad constitute the perfect example for all Muslims to follow.
Reply 187
First of all I don't believe for a second that any muslim or Arab carried out 9/11,bush did 9/11/the CIA. Arabs and Muslims were just used as scape goats so there lands could be invaded.
Yeah, yeah, we know. It was alien lizards in human form who control the Illuminati who own all the zionist banks that control the world's economy and put chemicals into the water/food/air so we don't realise what's going on, except you do, etc.

Any idea why there was no mention of any of this in the millions of pages of leaked documents over the last few years? I guess Snowden, Manning et al were also part of the conspiracy and deliberately supressed the information?

When people are prepared to believe any old nonsense, without any supporting evidence, as long as it validates their own agenda, we end up with the kind of thing that happened yesterday.
Reply 188
Uncontrolled immigration in the masses has caused this. Here's an extremely simplified chain reaction:

Mass immigration = lack of cultural integration = xenophobia and inter-cultural conflict = alienation and segregation of people in society = alienated people resent society = said people persuaded or otherwise self-driven to rebel against Western ideology = hijack opposing ideology (fundamentalist Islam) to lend themselves a sense of righteousness and martyrdom.

And then you question why there's mass immigration in the first place? Because that same toxic ideology has resulted in perpetuated economic instability and civil unrest in the countries that harbour it, and the impacts are only exacerbated by Western military intervention and occupation.

You can't bomb an ideology to extinction. No amount of tolerance, solidarity or prayers can solve this.
Is this sarcasm?
Reply 190
Islam clearly teaches that killing one innocent life is like killing the whole of humanity.
This is a common piece of disingenuous misinformation spread by apologists attempting to portray Islam in a better light.
The term "innocent" is not used in the Quran. It says if you take a life "that is forbidden by Allah...". Therefore if it is not forbidden by Allah, it is permitted. If you read the complete passage that the quote is taken from (Sura 5:32-33) it is clear that it specifically allows the killing of anyone involved in opposition to "Allah and his Messenger". The term used is 'corruption' or 'mischief' (fasad), which includes all sorts of civil, political and religious opposition. The other term used is 'wage war' which is explained by tafsir as including such things as 'opposition, contradiction and disbelief'.

So, we can see that the claim that Islam forbids the kind of attacks we have seen is false.

...PLUS suicide is forbidden in Islam, let alone suicide bombing!
Deliberately killing ones self with the simple intention of ending your own like is indeed a sin in Islam.
However, giving up your life "fighting in the way of Allah" is not only permitted, it is seen as a glorious end. The suicide bombers do not consider their action to be "suicide" in the usual sense. It is fighting against overwhelming odds with no chance of survival but taking as many of the kaffiroon as possible with them. A glorious matyrdom, they are told.

If they say the shahadah and observe the 5 pillars, then they are Muslims. If they base their actions on passages from the Quran and sunnah, then they are Islamic. That's all there is to it.

And as usual, any condemnation has to come with a "but". This time is it "but the real victims are the poor Muslims who may have things shouted or thrown at them".
(edited 8 years ago)
Looks like OP will be getting add to the security "watch" list...

It's actually scary that you can actually believe that rubbish that you just spouted.
Original post by QE2
This is a common piece of disingenuous misinformation spread by apologists attempting to portray Islam in a better light.
The term "innocent" is not used in the Quran. It says if you take a life "that is forbidden by Allah...". Therefore if it is not forbidden by Allah, it is permitted. If you read the complete passage that the quote is taken from (Sura 5:32-33) it is clear that it specifically allows the killing of anyone involved in opposition to "Allah and his Messenger". The term used is 'corruption' or 'mischief' (fasad), which includes all sorts of civil, political and religious opposition. The other term used is 'wage war' which is explained by tafsir as including such things as 'opposition, contradiction and disbelief'.

So, we can see that the claim that Islam forbids the kind of attacks we have seen is false.

Deliberately killing ones self with the simple intention of ending your own like is indeed a sin in Islam.
However, giving up your life "fighting in the way of Allah" is not only permitted, it is seen as a glorious end. The suicide bombers do not consider their action to be "suicide" in the usual sense. It is fighting against overwhelming odds with no chance of survival but taking as many of the kaffiroon as possible with them. A glorious matyrdom, they are told.

If they say the shahadah and observe the 5 pillars, then they are Muslims. If they base their actions on passages from the Quran and sunnah, then they are Islamic. That's all there is to it.

And as usual, any condemnation has to come ith a "but". This time is it "but the real victims are the poor Muslims who may have things shouted or thrown at them".

Finally, some sense. Sick of people saying that these terrorists "aren't Muslims"...
Reply 193
How can you ever blame the killing of innocent lives with any religion???!! Islam clearly teaches that killing one innocent life is like killing the whole of humanity....PLUS suicide is forbidden in Islam, let alone suicide bombing!

>he actually believes this
Reply 194
Original post by QE2

And as usual, any condemnation has to come ith a "but". This time is it "but the real victims are the poor Muslims who may have things shouted or thrown at them".

You know your stuff.
Reply 195
Original post by Ashtar
You know your stuff.
"If you want to defeat your enemy, sing his song".
Original post by blueberrypollen
There is no evidence that 9/11 was an inside job, nothing substantiated anyway

As much as I cannot stand Queen-bee, it does look like 9/11 wasn't Al Queda taking-over airplanes.

The most obvious evidence is the fact there are two security tapes which caught the object crashing in to the Pentagon but they have never been released to the public..... why do you think?
Original post by Scopeowner
No, this is a matter of opinion from which you're definitely ignorant about. People like you just don't seem to understand anything apart from insulting other people solely based on their opinions. You have no right to criticise other people's opinions, and if you believe that you can then you are nothing but a fool.

Which part was I wrong?
*sigh*

You cant be a citizen of a country, or even have it as your homeland if you have only ever been there on holiday. Even if you have family who live there, they aren't you. You is what counts, not anybody else.
Original post by billydisco
As much as I cannot stand Queen-bee, it does look like 9/11 wasn't Al Queda taking-over airplanes.

The most obvious evidence is the fact there are two security tapes which caught the object crashing in to the Pentagon but they have never been released to the public..... why do you think?

Why did you have to mention me,you could've just stated your opinion. Anyway,I'm not losing sleep over it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending