The Student Room Group

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlwaysWatching
Essentially, you aren't Syrian and don't really know anything about Syria than the next man does about Ibiza because he goes there every year and his uncle has a villa on the beach.

I know more about Syria than I know about the UK :rofl:
Original post by queen-bee
Believe,I know Syria inside out. I've even seen bashar and his wife asma many times, oh what a beautiful place it used to be,I'm still reminiscing. Middle easterners still keep close ties to home.

Going on holiday does not mean anything! Syria isn't home, not even your parents were born in Syria, so you cant even claim ancestry from there.

Dear lord.
Original post by AzimH
Briton??? Isn't that like an ancient group of Celtic people that use to live in BRITAIN.

I think the word you're looking for is British.

You need a lesson in English usage and history, it seems. A Briton (often abbreviated to "Brit") is a native of Britain, and is British. Ancient Britons were people who lived in Britannia (as it was called by the Romans) before and during the Roman conquest. Those that lived under Roman rule in Britannia become known as Romano-British.
Original post by The Rad Prince
I wasn't joking when I said I would.

I need to learn the alphabet so I understand how it really works, rather than just English transliterations of the sounds.

Spoiler

There's plenty of free material on YouTube
Reply 144
I'm guessing life was okay before 9/12. It's only after the U.S. Decided to go to all these war and start bombing people's land and making up fake stories to get into those lands(weapons of MD) that everything just started to get out of control not to mention the west funding and backing terrorist groups
So why did 9/11 happen? What about all the other Islamist attacks before the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? What was the jsutification for those? It must have been something else.
Going on holiday does not mean anything! Syria isn't home, not even your parents were born in Syria, so you cant even claim ancestry from there.

Dear lord.

Ermm how can I not claim ancestry? It is home. I speak the mother tongue. I eat our special foods :wink: so yes Syria is and will always be home
There's plenty of free material on YouTube

I will actually look into this so thank you. Even if it takes a while to master it because there are other things I am supposed to be doing, I don't mind.

One thing, if I learned Arabic in a way to communicate with gulf Arabs, how different would it be speaking with say an Egyptian or a Libyan?
Original post by The Rad Prince
I will actually look into this so thank you. Even if it takes a while to master it because there are other things I am supposed to be doing, I don't mind.

One thing, if I learned Arabic in a way to communicate with gulf Arabs, how different would it be speaking with say an Egyptian or a Libyan?

Libyan,don't go there :rofl: sometimes even I can't understand what they're saying but most people understand the Egyptian one well
(edited 8 years ago)
Ermm how can I not claim ancestry? It is home. I speak the mother tongue. I eat our special foods :wink: so yes Syria is and will always be home

& I like crossants and can speak French. Am I french?

if you weren't born in Syria or have a Syrian passports, you aren't Syrian. No more Syrian than I'm Chinese. If you parents weren't born in Syria, then you don't have ancestry from Syria. No more so than I can claim to have my ancestry coming from Brazil.

I think you are a little confused on the concept of citizenry and statehood.
Original post by Sales89
free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I stopped reading here. This has to be a troll.
& I like crossants and can speak French. Am I french?

if you weren't born in Syria or have a Syrian passports, you aren't Syrian. No more Syrian than I'm Chinese. If you parents weren't born in Syria, then you don't have ancestry from Syria. No more so than I can claim to have my ancestry coming from Brazil.

I think you are a little confused on the concept of citizenry and statehood.

You can't be French or Chinese because your grandparents or anyone else in your family aren't from there. That's different to me as my grandparents are both from Syria
You can't be French or Chinese because your grandparents or anyone else in your family aren't from there. That's different to me as my grandparents are both from Syria

That might be true, but that still doesn't make you Syrian.
That might be true, but that still doesn't make you Syrian.

I'm makes me 50% Syrian
This got to 9 pages, two things:

1. Impressive troll
2. Why the hell did you all bite? :facepalm:
I'm makes me 50% Syrian

No it doesn't. No such thing.
Reply 155
The belief that people who are Islamic, being treated unfairly is true. i have many friends who are afraid that just because they wear a hijabs or believe in Allah, they would be considered a terrorist no matter what.

However, what happened last night in Paris had nothing to do with Islamophobia. A group of genuine (not mistaken just because of their religion) terrorists, who genuinely believe that what they are doing is right and think that Allah would actually commend their actions; so much so that they've decided to play God, is what caused the events of last night.
Is this some joke/troll post attempt at being funny?!
Original post by QE2
Which "Muslim Lands" had America invaded before 9/11

America's first foreign land battle was fought in what is now Libya.
It's not a matter of opinion, its a matter of definition which seemingly you are ignorant on.

No, this is a matter of opinion from which you're definitely ignorant about. People like you just don't seem to understand anything apart from insulting other people solely based on their opinions. You have no right to criticise other people's opinions, and if you believe that you can then you are nothing but a fool.
Okay professor of Islam studies :smile:

That user is delusional, he/she can't accept other peoples opinions without strongly criticising them. Just ignore him/her.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending