Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There is no government funding for a PGCE in Drama. I have also heard you cant get a postgarduate student loan for PGCEs. I have worked professionally on television film and in theatre acting for a number of years. I also teach privately at private institutions and after school clubs. I know you can do the school direct scheme but this qualification is not recognised outside of England.
    If I am awarded a PGCE from a university with the scheme does anyone know if it will be recognised nationwide and across the commonwealth countries? Also is does anyone know if universities are providing scholorships for the arts PGCE.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel100)
    There is no government funding for a PGCE in Drama. I have also heard you cant get a postgarduate student loan for PGCEs. I have worked professionally on television film and in theatre acting for a number of years. I also teach privately at private institutions and after school clubs. I know you can do the school direct scheme but this qualification is not recognised outside of England.
    If I am awarded a PGCE from a university with the scheme does anyone know if it will be recognised nationwide and across the commonwealth countries? Also is does anyone know if universities are providing scholorships for the arts PGCE.?
    You can get student finance for all PGCE's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    You can get student finance for all PGCE's
    Thank you I didn't realise. I thought if I already have a degree I couldn't apply for finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel100)
    Thank you I didn't realise. I thought if I already have a degree I couldn't apply for finance.
    PGCE's are the exception to that rule.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.