Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Paranoid about being pregnant watch

Announcements

every month I go on the pill for 21 days & then take a break for my periods, during the last week of my pill this month i was sexually active, my last pill was on tuesday & i was sexually active up until wednesday. we also used a condom however i feel really stressed and paranoid about being pregnant and i don't know why.

i've been urinating a lot more & i've been very hungry straight after a meal.
    it sounds like i'm just highly paranoid and stressing for no reason but i honestly don't want to be pregnant.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    every month I go on the pill for 21 days & then take a break for my periods, during the last week of my pill this month i was sexually active, my last pill was on tuesday & i was sexually active up until wednesday. we also used a condom however i feel really stressed and paranoid about being pregnant and i don't know why.

i've been urinating a lot more & i've been very hungry straight after a meal.
    it sounds like i'm just highly paranoid and stressing for no reason but i honestly don't want to be pregnant.
    If you took the pill exactly as the instructions which you have and also used a condom its incredibly unlikely that you're pregnant. dont worry so much
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're taking a 'combined pill'. The 21 day taking it / 7 days break cycle is so that you will usually have a 'withdrawal bleed' every month - you're still protected against pregnancy throughout the break.

Combine that with using a condom, and it's extremely unlikely that you're pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    Theres an almost negligible chance. If you worry so much you might give yourself phantom symptoms.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people get worried about pregnancy when they're on the pill but don't worry! Even if you don't use condoms but take the pill properly everyday it's very unlikely you'll get pregnant. If it makes you feel better take a pregnancy test, they're only about £1 and it should cure some of your anxiety

ReputationRep:
    As people have said, if you're worrying so much, you might start giving yourself/imagining symptoms even though you're not pregnant.

The only way to make sure you don't fall pregnant is not to have sex, aside from that, you're going to have to trust the contraception. If it's so incredibly important not to have a baby, then there is also abortion in the HIGHLY unlikely event that you fall pregnant in spite of the condom and pill.

almost impossible for you to be pregnant! Stress can case increased urination and hunger and phantom symptoms can happen if you keep thinking about something (like a reverse placebo).
    if you are that worried just take a test to put your mind at rest. You really don't need to though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.