Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone ,

Is anyone applying to study Learning Disability Nursing in 2016 ?

It would be great to hear from you and how you are getting on in your journey.

A little bit about me , I am a qualified and registered dental nurse and an oral health educator . I completed my NVQ level 3 in Oral Health Care , Post Dental Nurse qualification certificate in Oral Health Education. I completed my Access Course in 2014 .
    I work with the community dental service supporting patients both adult and children with mild to moderate learning disabilities. I volunteer as a support worker working with young adults with LD Charity
    I am applying to: UWL ( Brentford site ) , Kingston University ( Surrey ) , Chester , University of Wales ( Pontypridd site ) and Herts University .

I am currently completing my UCAS form .

Have a lovely day

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sarah.

I am going to be studying LD nursing starting in September 2016. I had one of my interviews last Tuesday and found out the same day that I have been offered a place. The Uni which I had the interview for was my top choice, so I have accepted the offer. It is BCU University, so not one of the ones you are applying for.

Good luck with your application/interview process. It sounds like you have a lot of good, relevant experience.

Let me know how you get on x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hun

Well done , Congratulations . I am currently completing my UCAS form , fingers crossed

I will keep you posted

ReputationRep:
    Well done I have an interview wednesday any tips?xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm going to be studying LD nursing in september 2016, I have applied to Bangor, Chester, Keele and Salford(Manchester).
    I had my interview for Keele last thursday and I have an interview at Salford in February, still haven't heard from Bangor or Chester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Catherine)
    I will keep you posted
    Any joy in submitting the application yet? Hope all is well!
    N.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Morning 😃,

Update with regards to universities. Both USW and UEA have declined my applications this time . UEA were extremely helpful explaining that if I completed an access course , I asked UEA if I completed the K101 OU " Intro to Health and Social Care " would they consider my application again ? UEA said yes as long as I reach their requirements and please definitely apply for next year . I have registered to start the OU K101 in Feb 2016 . Anyone else apply successfully to uni with a K101 ?

USW do not give feedback personally with regards to applications I respect that as that is their protocol .

I am still waiting to hear from Herts , UWL and Kingston ( Surrey )

Thanks 😀😀

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Kingston University in January 2016 . Anyone else going to Kingston in 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Catherine)
    Morning 😃,

Update with regards to universities. Both USW and UEA have declined my applications this time . UEA were extremely helpful explaining that if I completed an access course , I asked UEA if I completed the K101 OU " Intro to Health and Social Care " would they consider my application again ? UEA said yes as long as I reach their requirements and please definitely apply for next year . I have registered to start the OU K101 in Feb 2016 . Anyone else apply successfully to uni with a K101 ?

USW do not give feedback personally with regards to applications I respect that as that is their protocol .

I am still waiting to hear from Herts , UWL and Kingston ( Surrey )

Thanks 😀😀
    Hello.

I am gong to be submitting my ucas form in the next few days for usw. I have K101 I completed 2 years ago. It was a good course I found! When i attended the open day, use advised they do accept k101 along side, 5 gcse c grade including english and maths.

Hope this helps and you enjoy the course

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.. its good to see people applying for LD nursing. I have a unconditional offer to start wolverhampton university in september 2016 (ive had my offer since may 2015) im really cant wait to start but im abit scared that it may be abit too hard for me. But goodluck everyone with your applications

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to Chester in September for LD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.