Question regarding starting uni again after dropping out once

Watch
Frinker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I withdrew from Uni in the first semester of the second year.

I read the following regarding how finances would be affect on my second course:

"Two years of previous study: You'll have to pay your own way for the first year of your course, but you'll get student finance for every year after that."

Would this still affect me, since I only started a semester in the second year and have not completed the full year?

Source: https://ementoring.realisingopportun...ng-back-to-uni
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Unfortuantely, yes. If you've completed a certain amount of weeks, (I can't remember how many) it counts as a full year.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Frinker)
Hello, I withdrew from Uni in the first semester of the second year.

I read the following regarding how finances would be affect on my second course:

"Two years of previous study: You'll have to pay your own way for the first year of your course, but you'll get student finance for every year after that."

Would this still affect me, since I only started a semester in the second year and have not completed the full year?

Source: https://ementoring.realisingopportun...ng-back-to-uni
Yes, student finance count full and part years the same, so you'll need to pay the fees for the first year of a new degree yourself
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good advice above.

Just to add - if you dropped out due to something like ill health, a close family bereavement etc, you may be able to "claim back" a year of your Student Finance entitlement, through their Compelling Personal Reasons process. That would give you enough SF remaining to fund a full degree and you wouldn't have to fund the first year yourself.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Klix88)
Good advice above.

Just to add - if you dropped out due to something like ill health, a close family bereavement etc, you may be able to "claim back" a year of your Student Finance entitlement, through their Compelling Personal Reasons process. That would give you enough SF remaining to fund a full degree and you wouldn't have to fund the first year yourself.
I don't know why I keep forgetting about this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (504)
33.69%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (620)
41.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (304)
20.32%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.55%

Watched Threads