Turn on thread page Beta

Geting ripped of with cream at Costa watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know I said I loved coffee places. Just got my Mocha Latte and he offered me cream at the end, damn, foolishly I thought free. No, 40pence charge and they only pour the milk way down the cup and fill up the rest with substanceless cream. Ugh.
    What a rip off.
    Feel my pain, empathise world.

ReputationRep:
    Geting ripped off at Costa
    FTFY

ReputationRep:
    Time to head over to Starbucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Time to head over to Starbucks
    How is Cafe Nero these days?

ReputationRep:
    Cream is 40 p in Starbucks too.. and pretty sure you have to pay in cafe Nero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yulebook)
    How is Cafe Nero these days?
    I'm not sure I have ever been there. I had a cup of coffee at Costa or Nero in August but I can't remember which one Homemade coffee >>>>>

ReputationRep:
    Get a cow and get fresh cream!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I have ever been there. I had a cup of coffee at Costa or Nero in August but I can't remember which one Homemade coffee >>>>>
    I'm a coffee shop fan lol but I haven't been to Nero, ever!

I've always wondered. What chocolate companies do coffee shops use? Do Starbucks use Hershey, while Costa uses Dairy MIlk?

ReputationRep:
    Do you really have to pay? I've been getting a shameful number of black forest hot chocolates but I always ask them for no cream, I don't like how it dominates the taste of the whole drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yulebook)
    I'm a coffee shop fan lol but I haven't been to Nero, ever!

I've always wondered. What chocolate companies do coffee shops use? Do Starbucks use Hershey, while Costa uses Dairy MIlk?
    Oh, the big questions in life. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Cream is 40 p in Starbucks too.. and pretty sure you have to pay in cafe Nero.
    OK, but it's the way I got asked just at the last min at the till, which makes it seem informal and free, and then the cup had like, a fraction of the milk it would have done in a normal mocha latte. Never again, 40p more for half the coffee.

ReputationRep:
    I know homemade is so much cheaper, and I have a machine and good coffee. But it's just that social habit, and when I'm out I can't resist. And sitting there. It is a huge rip off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I know homemade is so much cheaper, and I have a machine and good coffee. But it's just that social habit, and when I'm out I can't resist. And sitting there. It is a huge rip off.
    Haha yeah. Like I can understand if someone does it once a week, but there are people who get coffee at these places before work/lectures every day. Which is crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah. Like I can understand if someone does it once a week, but there are people who get coffee at these places before work/lectures every day. Which is crazy.
    Dunno If I'm every day but I always get caught out, despite drinking loads of milk cheaper at home. I do it too much and it drains money. I think I'm addicted to the coffee, it feels like it cleanses the system.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno If I'm every day but I always get caught out, despite drinking loads of milk cheaper at home. I do it too much and it drains money. I think I'm addicted to the coffee, it feels like it cleanses the system.
    Yeah tbh I think coffee chains are like fast food chains, they must put some weird **** into it like cocaine or something, there is no way anything can taste that good naturally

ReputationRep:
    Yeah tbh I think coffee chains are like fast food chains, they must put some weird **** into it like cocaine or something, there is no way anything can taste that good naturally
    Hehe. Maybe they just afford the best stuff, they don't have to package it like a shop does and they charge loads.

ReputationRep:
    That's weird, I'm an avid Costa-er and I'm always asked for cream and chocolate dusting after I've paid at no extra charge? If I ask for extra cream it's +50p but normally cream should just be free?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katinthehat)
    That's weird, I'm an avid Costa-er and I'm always asked for cream and chocolate dusting after I've paid at no extra charge? If I ask for extra cream it's +50p but normally cream should just be free?
    Ah ok, will it's a bit of sophistry then, it's obviously a bigger amount, which they get away with using loads less milk with. Costas Maximus, it should be called........

Ho-Ho-Ho!

ReputationRep:
    OK, but it's the way I got asked just at the last min at the till, which makes it seem informal and free, and then the cup had like, a fraction of the milk it would have done in a normal mocha latte. Never again, 40p more for half the coffee.
    Ofc they do it like that. All they want is to meet their targets.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you crying over 40p?

Get a grip.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.