Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have my ex's social media logins... watch

Announcements

Hey,

My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago. She broke up with me and it came as a complete shock.

I rarely use my laptop for social media as it's much more convinent for me to use the apps on my iPhone. However, this morning I went to log onto Twitter on my laptop and realised that she used to use my laptop to access her social media accounts and had left herself logged in on Twitter and Facebook!

I don't know what to do... half of me really wants to go through all her messages and see who she has been talking to and what she has been saying. The other half of me thinks I should log out and be done with it.

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    Happened to a friend of mine. He called her up and told her the situation and she appreciated his honesty and changed her password.

1) prevented any further temptation
    2) she respected him for his honesty

Easy

ReputationRep:
    You should log out, you shouldn't read her messages man. That's not good.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so let's imagine that you read all of her messages, and she was saying nasty stuff about you throughout the entire relationship. How would that make you feel? Surely you would come out of that experience feeling like sh*t not only for knowing she said such things, and guilt for doing something you know you shouldn't have done.

You know what's best. Log out and move on with your life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,

My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago. She broke up with me and it came as a complete shock.

I rarely use my laptop for social media as it's much more convinent for me to use the apps on my iPhone. However, this morning I went to log onto Twitter on my laptop and realised that she used to use my laptop to access her social media accounts and had left herself logged in on Twitter and Facebook!

I don't know what to do... half of me really wants to go through all her messages and see who she has been talking to and what she has been saying. The other half of me thinks I should log out and be done with it.

What would you do?
    I wouldn't bother going on her social stuff, just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    ignorance is bliss

ReputationRep:
    i would log out and carry on forgetting that she ever existed

ReputationRep:
    log out and tell her to change her password, she could of been talking crap about you saying you have a tiny dink or are **** in bed etc how would that make you feel? as he said ignorance is bliss
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You should get rid of any connections/ what reminds you of her and this is part of it. If you saw something that you didn't want to see then you will remember it for a long time and it will hurt you.

ReputationRep:
    Go on Facebook and change everything to Potato. Name, picture, everything.

ReputationRep:
    I would check her messages yes.

ReputationRep:
    Similar thing happened to me.... kind of found out what she had been up to, which after the relationship ended anyway just made it worse. In these situations ignorance is bliss.

Just log out of them.

ReputationRep:
    Even though it might be tempting to look through them, NO good can come of it.

Log out, move on, find happiness.

ReputationRep:
    As another user said

Change the Facebook name to potato then log out.

It will take 60days for the account name to change again

Incredibly tempting to look. But it's only going to be bad news.

ReputationRep:
    Lol if that happened to me, i'd ruin their life

But that's just childish.

ReputationRep:
    That would be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Lol if that happened to me, i'd ruin their life

But that's just childish.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    log out and tell her to change her password, she could of been talking crap about you saying you have a tiny dink or are **** in bed etc how would that make you feel? as he said ignorance is bliss
    PMSL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.