Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I've heard that for girls their first time (yes, having sex, this isn't a troll) can be really painful and you can even bleed... is this true?? Also, was is really as messy and awkward as everyone says...?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For some it is, but it needn't be painful. If his penis is the first thing in your vagina, you're feeling nervous rather than aroused, you're not wet / using lube, you're not feeling in control, you're not physically and emotionally ready basically... then it might be.

Awkward depends a lot on who you're doing it with and your relationship with them.

Picking the right person will improve the chances of it being good in all these ways.

(Original post by unprinted)
    For some it is, but it needn't be painful. If his penis is the first thing in your vagina, you're feeling nervous rather than aroused, you're not wet / using lube, you're not feeling in control, you're not physically and emotionally ready basically... then it might be.

Awkward depends a lot on who you're doing it with and your relationship with them.

Picking the right person will improve the chances of it being good in all these ways.
    So if you've not done anything before it will hurt??

ReputationRep:
    Didn't hurt that much for me, it is painful but not extreme pain if you take it slow & use lube.

Provided you've masturbated before

ReputationRep:
    It didn't hurt because communication helped.

There was blood but it was such a small amount, 1 wipe and it's gone. The pain was like period cramps, nothing major.

If you're nervous you tense up your entrance and become dry, thus it'll be harder for him to go in. Relax, enjoy the moment, become aroused and it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't hurt, but it's not exactly pleasurable for the girl. But, every girl is different and some may find it more painful. Again, I didn't bleed that much the first time, just a bit like I had a small period after. However, I know girls that literally got it everywhere, so it's different. If a girl has other sexual experience then she won't be as bad but if she hasn't it will be different. Comfort is key and foreplay is essential!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.