Jacob7915
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Next week for my school is mock week and I have an English mock, two maths mocks and two biology mocks. Any ideas of what is best to revise and the best methods of revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ThatGurl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jacob7915)
Next week for my school is mock week and I have an English mock, two maths mocks and two biology mocks. Any ideas of what is best to revise and the best methods of revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
flash cards are good for biology - key terms, key concepts - you can get people to test you and the ones you don't know, you can put them to the side and focus on them.
Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Use MrBruff for English

I revise from textbooks for science,but also use some videos(mygcsescience)and make notes

Same with Maths,i use purely videos(although thats just me)
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jacob7915)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have mocks next week aswell but I dont know what subjects they will be so im just doing every past paper I can find You can find them here http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...st-papers.html Goodluck with your mocks
Jacob7915
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatGurl)
flash cards are good for biology - key terms, key concepts - you can get people to test you and the ones you don't know, you can put them to the side and focus on them.
Will get some flash cards made tomorrow in preparation for my Core Biology mock on Monday and Additional Biology mock on Thursday. Thanks for the advice
Jacob7915
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blancosdos)
Use MrBruff for English

I revise from textbooks for science,but also use some videos(mygcsescience)and make notes

Same with Maths,i use purely videos(although thats just me)
Thanks for the advice, I don't think videos work for me though I'm willing to give anything a go and hope that I can retain the information.
Jacob7915
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
I have mocks next week aswell but I dont know what subjects they will be so im just doing every past paper I can find You can find them here http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...st-papers.html Goodluck with your mocks
Thanks for the advice, I can easily locate past papers but don't want to become too reliant on them because of my real exams in May and June.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.54%
No (268)
33.46%

Watched Threads