The Student Room Group

Forgot to write my predicted grades! Help

My referee submitted her reference letter today but she told me she did not write my predicted grades. She logged out, because she did not see any box where she could write them.
I haven't sent my application yet.
Somebody help me please i am freaking out :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolap971
My referee submitted her reference letter today but she told me she did not write my predicted grades. She logged out, because she did not see any box where she could write them.
I haven't sent my application yet.
Somebody help me please i am freaking out :frown:

Point her to this: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/references
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/references/how-write-ucas-undergraduate-references
She just needs to log in again and finish it. There is absolutely no need to panic. There's plenty of time to sort it.
Teachers be treating uni applications like a joke. Don't worry, try calling up UCAS or get your referee to call up the individual uni's you applied to and tell them your prediction grades? Hmm.
Original post by samina_ay
Teachers be treating uni applications like a joke. Don't worry, try calling up UCAS or get your referee to call up the individual uni's you applied to and tell them your prediction grades? Hmm.

It hasn't been sent yet, so there is no need for this.
Reply 4
how can she if her password has expired? what password can she use?
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It hasn't been sent yet, so there is no need for this.

Oh shoot--didn't read that. It can get fixed easily then :tongue:
how can she if her password has expired? what password can she use?

There is a contact number on the link I gave you. She can call Ucas and be talked through it if she can't do it on her own.
Reply 7
hello, i applied on friday.... and now i realsied i have made a very stupid mistake on my personal statement... i am freekijng out is there anything i can doooo...... ?
Youre supposed to insert the subjects you are doing for A2 and select 'pending' for the grade and 'august 2016' for the date
she will the get boxes to insert the predicted grades
Reply 9
i have tried to call ucas but they are not open on the weekends
Original post by mismash
hello, i applied on friday.... and now i realsied i have made a very stupid mistake on my personal statement... i am freekijng out is there anything i can doooo...... ?

You can't change your ps, I'm afraid. However, if you didn't spot it when you checked it over, then it's quite likely not to be such a terrible mistake. Anyone else reading it is quite likely to overlook it as you did, and in any case, one mistake isn't going to be the difference between getting an offer and not.
Original post by mismash
i have tried to call ucas but they are not open on the weekends

No, they aren't. However, you have until Jan 15th to make an on-time application, so it really isn't so urgent that it can't wait until Monday.
Reply 12
how?
Reply 13
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, they aren't. However, you have until Jan 15th to make an on-time application, so it really isn't so urgent that it can't wait until Monday.

i think what happened was i copied and pasted it wrong and then i forgot to read it.. im soo stupid
Reply 14
shall i call the unis up and apologise..... i just cant believe it... the sentence just does not make sense as i missed a word out. it is clear and obvious...
Original post by mismash
i think what happened was i copied and pasted it wrong and then i forgot to read it.. im soo stupid

I'm afraid they won't let you change your ps. (We seem to have got crossed posts here, sorry.)
Original post by mismash
shall i call the unis up and apologise..... i just cant believe it... the sentence just does not make sense as i missed a word out. it is clear and obvious...

No. You would be drawing attention to something they may not even notice, won't care about if they do, and will make yourself come across as a panicky pain before that have even met you.
Reply 17
Original post by urteeththo
Youre supposed to insert the subjects you are doing for A2 and select 'pending' for the grade and 'august 2016' for the date
she will the get boxes to insert the predicted grades

the fact is, that she gets an email with a password that expires in 30 minutes. in these 30 minutes she submitted just the reference letter, logged out and received the confirmation email from ucas that her RL had been submitted.
How can she log in if she doesnt even have a password?
Reply 18
so what do u think i shall do?
this is how the sentence sounds
it was very. (next sentence)(it was ment to say comforting after the very)
the fact is, that she gets an email with a password that expires in 30 minutes. in these 30 minutes she submitted just the reference letter, logged out and received the confirmation email from ucas that her RL had been submitted.
How can she log in if she doesnt even have a password?

You ignored where I sent you a link with a phone number to Ucas for referees to contact them in case of problems. Get her to call them and ask them for help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending