The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

does Uni accept functional skills english level 2?

my english teacher told me that any uni would accept level 2 except if you want do english subject in uni...
Original post by Wong9596
my english teacher told me that any uni would accept level 2 except if you want do english subject in uni...

is that what you get in like year 8/9?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
is that what you get in like year 8/9?

top uni dont accept that?

by the way, city and QMUL which city better teaching in accounting and finance?
I've never of any university accepting that for any course.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad

Sheffield Hallam Uni does.
Reply 5
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad

Reply 6
Original post by Boreism
Sheffield Hallam Uni does.

by the way, city and QMUL which uni provide better teaching in accounting and finance?
Original post by Wong9596

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk
To say that ANY university will accept English functional skills level 2 is an extremely bold and, I afraid, mainly inaccurate statement to make. Some universities do accept level 2 functional skills, but not that many really. The majority of universities require English language GCSE grade C as a minimum for any course, even those which are maths and science based.

I'm sure there will be some unis that will accept level 2, you will just need to research courses and entry requirements and your choices will be limited. What course are you wanting to do? Is there no way you could get English gcse?
Reply 9
Original post by Ellismall
To say that ANY university will accept English functional skills level 2 is an extremely bold and, I afraid, mainly inaccurate statement to make. Some universities do accept level 2 functional skills, but not that many really. The majority of universities require English language GCSE grade C as a minimum for any course, even those which are maths and science based.

I'm sure there will be some unis that will accept level 2, you will just need to research courses and entry requirements and your choices will be limited. What course are you wanting to do? Is there no way you could get English gcse?

by the way, city and QMUL which uni provide better teaching in accounting and finance?
yes its accepted alongside of maths

Quick Reply