The Student Room Group

Ban Islam ?

Sounds ridiculous but oh well, I saw a couple of posts about this, Was wondering what do you think ?

Is it a good idea ?
Just to say Islams population is 1.6 billion (23 percent of the global population) and just cause of a few so called "islamic" terrorists; should Islam be banned.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. You can't just ban a religion.

What's wrong with you?
Reply 2
No.
Reply 3
:colonhash:
I don't think that makes sense? Even if it was possible to ban such a big religion without making the situation worse, why would you want to do that in the first place? :colonhash:
You can't 'ban' a religion. It's a far-fetched suggestion.
Someone somewhere will still follow it. The same applies to anything really.
Murder is illegal. Yet someone somewhere will still do it. Same goes for drugs and other things along those lines.

It's just not possible.
Ban a religion that billions of people follow? Not a good idea and it wouldn't go down well at all
Beauty without brains 🙁
Original post by Mochassassin
You can't 'ban' a religion. It's a far-fetched suggestion.
Someone somewhere will still follow it. The same applies to anything really.
Murder is illegal. Yet someone somewhere will still do it. Same goes for drugs and other things along those lines.

It's just not possible.

Yh I know it's stupid. I was saying I saw few idiots supporting the idea. Just wondering what everyone thought
You can't ban a religion , a quarter of the world follow. How would you enforce that rule in Islamic states? Not to mention once your begin banning one religion , the world essentially shifts to totalitarianism abandoning all it's democratic morals.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
You can't ban a religion , a quarter of the world follow. How would you enforce that rule in Islamic states? Not to mention once your begin banning one religion , the world essentially ****s to totalitarianism abandoning all it's democratic morals.

We should probably just ban bombing and murder instead, oh wait...

On a related note I don't get why the muslim terrorists keep attacking civilians when their target should be the leaders of the state that they so despise.
Original post by Sammydemon

On a related note I don't get why the muslim terrorists keep attacking civilians when their target should be the leaders of the state that they so despise.

Bombing and murder is not synonymous with the teachings in Islam , if it it were do you think we would all be alive , considering Pakistan a Muslim country has nuclear warheads.. Secondly , the cause for the actions of terrorists is beyond me , i don't know what goes through the minds of such sick scum.
(edited 8 years ago)
Would rather ban the ones who are responsible for terror attacks in the name of islam instead of banning the whole religion. That goes nothing! No one would talk about it, if the terror attacks come to grips with. Why do the majority of peaceful islamists, who accept another religions indeed, have to atone for something which is doing by extremists? I am sure there is a solution. I believe in that.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Bombing and murder is not synonymous with the teachings in Islam , if it it were do you think we would all be alive , considering Pakistan a Muslim country has nuclear warheads.. Secondly , the cause for the actions of terrorists is beyond me , i don't know what goes through the minds of such sick scum.

Didn't say that it is. But the fact is that these particular people who hate of the west (which is fine, by the way) should take it out on the STATE not the PEOPLE.
Original post by Kallisto
Would rather ban the ones who are responsible for terror attacks in the name of islam instead of banning the whole religion. That goes nothing! No one would talk about it, if the terror attacks come to grips with. Why do the majority of peaceful islamists, who accept another religions indeed, have to atone for something which is doing by extremists? I am sure there is a solution. I believe in that.

We have to look at the root cause of what they are doing. Why do you think they are killing innocent civilians of western nations? I can't see what that actually achieves.
Reply 14
I'm not in favour of banning religion of any description. The world would be a better place without it, though...
Folk have the right to believe in whatever magic man they like even if it is a load of b/s. There are some things that surround it that aught to be banned - halal slaughter would be a prime candidate.
We have to look at the root cause of what they are doing. Why do you think they are killing innocent civilians of western nations? I can't see what that actually achieves.

An islamic state around the world where everyone of us (is forcing to) believe in Islam? that is why I guess they are trying to get their will by violence.
Reply 16
Japan doesn't have an 'Islam problem' - the reason of it is quite simple: Japan doesn't mess around in the hellhole known as the Islamic world, and it doesn't commit national suicide via immigration and 'multiculturalism'. There is no need to 'ban' anything, we haven't and will not even 'ban' the more conspicuous forms of Islams (e.g. the Anjem Choudary variety) - but if Europe wants to preserve its culture, peoples and civilization in general, I can't see it as being feasible without emulating something like Japan.

This would entail doing the following:

1. Getting the hell out of the Islamic world and staying the hell out - if the maggot-minded imbeciles of our political class had stayed out of all those American-Israel wars in the first place, perhaps we wouldn't have been in the predicament we are in today.

2. Dealing the coup de grace to the doomed-from-the-start but now certainly moribund failure of a project called the EU.

3. Taking control of our borders - here is where our military is really needed if we want to serve our own national interests, instead of spreading democracy throughout the rest of the world for the Neo-Trotskyists (Neocons).

4. Ending the government subsidized third world immigrant parasitic behavior via reforming the welfare system, and actually attempting to raise the indigenous European birth-rate to the replacement level.

If we do all these then Europe as we have always known it may survive to the end of the century. If not then get ready to go the way of pre-Islamic Persia, Northern Africa, Central Asia and parts of Southern Asia, Europe.
ISIS are not 'real' Muslims, what kind of God would appreciate what they're doing?
It's like saying that we need to ban Christianity because of the KKK.
it's not the religion that is evil, it's certain individuals that use the religion as an excuse for their actions.
Reply 18

It's more devious than just killing people they don't like. By killing civilians in the name of Islam, the terrorists make civilians wary of Islam and muslims in general, which in turn isolates muslims from society, making recruiting easier and so on.

If someone punches you in the name of some group where you have given no provocation, are you going to be as open to somebody else from that same group? And if you are are treated with more suspicion than the rest of society, are you going to feel the same affinity for others as they do for each other?
Reply 19
Original post by Ben199
Japan doesn't have an 'Islam problem' - the reason of it is quite simple: Japan doesn't mess around in the hellhole known as the Islamic world, and it doesn't commit national suicide via immigration and 'multiculturalism'. There is no need to 'ban' anything, we haven't and will not even 'ban' the more conspicuous forms of Islams (e.g. the Anjem Choudary variety) - but if Europe wants to preserve its culture, peoples and civilization in general, I can't see it as being feasible without emulating something like Japan.

This would entail doing the following:

1. Getting the hell out of the Islamic world and staying the hell out - if the maggot-minded imbeciles of our political class had stayed out of all those American-Israel wars in the first place, perhaps we wouldn't have been in the predicament we are in today.

2. Dealing the coup de grace to the doomed-from-the-start but now certainly moribund failure of a project called the EU.

3. Taking control of our borders - here is where our military is really needed if we want to serve our own national interests, instead of spreading democracy throughout the rest of the world for the Neo-Trotskyists (Neocons).

4. Ending the government subsidized third world immigrant parasitic behavior via reforming the welfare system, and actually attempting to raise the indigenous European birth-rate to the replacement level.

If we do all these then Europe as we have always known it may survive to the end of the century. If not then get ready to go the way of pre-Islamic Persia, Northern Africa, Central Asia and parts of Southern Asia, Europe.

Stellar post. Agree with every point you've made.

It amazes me that people didn't expect this sort of thing to happen, having allowed tens of thousands of potential jihadists to disperse across Europe; and still, there are people who defend the decision to do so. These events will not instigate any sort of change in EU policy; liberalism is as toxic in Western society as fundamentalism is in Middle-Eastern society.

Quick Reply

Latest