Matrix: Why is it so popular (among normal and weird people)? Watch

This discussion is closed.
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Most of the films I have seen only appealed to a specific audience. Why then is Matrix so popular among most of the people. (not talking about reloaded). Is it because of the ground-breaking jaw dropping special effects, is it because of the deep philosophy behind the film which most people dont really understand. I have seen the film repeatedly and it does not seem to lose its appeal (dont know about you lot)

PS: by the way , how come some people got to be mods ????!!!
unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
probably because it appeals to a wide audience due to it being a hybrid genre film therefore wide appeal i would think.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I guess there's something to appeal to everyone, whether you love action, love weird films, or are philosophers like me It never gets cheesy because there's the philosophical/intellectual side to everything, and face it, it's very rare to have that in a film - to have philosophy targeted at the mainstream.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bloodhound)
Most of the films I have seen only appealed to a specific audience. Why then is Matrix so popular among most of the people. (not talking about reloaded). Is it because of the ground-breaking jaw dropping special effects, is it because of the deep philosophy behind the film which most people dont really understand. I have seen the film repeatedly and it does not seem to lose its appeal (dont know about you lot)

PS: by the way , how come some people got to be mods ????!!!
A combination of all the things you mentioned, the ground breaking special effects which have now become part of many films (we're talking about bullet-time here), and the philosophical side, that just makes people ponder, (and this clearly worked - just track back to the Matrix threads on this board and you'll see discussions), as well as go WOW at the action involved.

I have no doubt that Revolutions when it comes out in November will be just as popular, especially given the frustrating point at which they left us at in Reloaded. :mad:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.27%
No (320)
73.73%

Watched Threads