The Student Room Group

Will Russel Group universities credit A levels and a single IB course?

I started sixth form this year and am currently in Year 12. I chose to do 4 A levels (Maths, Economics, History and English Lit) but have recently decided that i want to do Law for university. However, I don't think I can cope with 4 A Levels (especially because my A level courses are so demanding and only Maths goes up to AS). I really want to drop Maths because I don't enjoy it and I don't have very good teachers, so i have no motivation for it at all. If i do drop it, I will have to take an enrichment course and my school offers IB courses for languages because for my year group they didn't offer a language for a level because not enough people wanted to do it. (I really want to do a language but didn't do an IB course at the start because i thought it wouldnt seem as good as doing the whole iB diploma).

However, now that I want to drop a level maths and do IB french as an enrichment course instead, I don't know if universities (especially Oxbridge) will still credit it?
I was looking at international law at oxford and they said that they would want a language to either A Level standard or IB standard, but don't know if doing both A level and IB would still be recognised?
Thank you so much
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest