ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I feel like i shouldn't stress about it and save the energy for the actual exam in jan, but people and schools are making a big deal out of it, like jeeze they even have a mock results day similar to the real results day in summer.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes they are important
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
I feel like i shouldn't stress about it and save the energy for the actual exam in jan, but people and schools are making a big deal out of it, like jeeze they even have a mock results day similar to the real results day in summer.
In terms of grades, not really unless your school uses them for predictions.
However they are helpful in showing you how to actively revise and what works for you. So I'd suggest that you try your best.
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, they use these grades if you're ill or unable to sit the exam in the summer. Plus, it gives your teachers/you an idea of what you still need to revise.
hoping4Astars
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
You need to revise and take this seriously like it was the real GCSEs. Only then will you have a good idea of what you can expect to get in your GCSEs and have an idea of what to improve on. For example, in my mock exams for Geography I got a C, because I revised a Lot but couldn't do 6 and 8 mark questions properly. The results gave me a wake up call and allowed me to improve and get an A*.

Also, if you revise a lot for your mock exams then you can revise less for the real GCSEs and focus more on past paper practice, which is what really gives you the top marks.
pereira325
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agree with most of what abovr poster said.
However, from personal experience i found my revision guide was more.helpful than past papers! Learn and truly understand the content and you can master any question, assuming you know the technique, albeit there is positive marking, so in most questions you can blab on and get the marks
LuiEmmitt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope. Not really important anymore. After 2013, exam boards stopped asking for predicted grades so don't sweat too much about the mocks. At the end of the day, they don't count towards your final grade and wether you do bad or good, teachers already know what grade your pretty much going to get regardless of how you do in the mocks; they've been teaching you for two years now! Worry more about your actual exams and coursework's and controlled assessments that your doing than the mocks.
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Findlay6)
Yes, they use these grades if you're ill or unable to sit the exam in the summer. Plus, it gives your teachers/you an idea of what you still need to revise.
Second part of this is a good call but exam boards don't use any school or college predictions if you're ill for the actual exam. Instead they use marks you got in the other modules.
Madeleine Davis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Kinda important, but don't stress it. Just revise in little bits! The grades aren't final (apart from things like ISAs) but it will give you a good idea of what the exams will be like at ACTUAL GCSEs, so don't stress, but do try your hardest!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise