Have you ever dyed your hair?

Watch
CasperlEE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
the only time i have sort of dyed my hair was when i was in primary school and it turned blue because we had to wear something blue.
ubisoft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have black hair so no.
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope. I was going to, but then realised I like my real hair colour so wtf am I doing.
RoseXPurple
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've never dyed all my hair but in year 7/8 I got red highlights, and recently I got my hair dip dyed red.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not all of it but I've had pink in it before :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Changing Skies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pic? :mmm:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Changing Skies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
pink? aww
no i have never dyed it, i will probably end up making it more blonde in the future tho as it has been getting steadily darker since i was like 13 and i like my blondeness :emo:
Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It is such an inappropriate and fake thing to do.
username996405
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes.
Tried the ombre thing while it was a trend (and it came out so weird). I have black hair and the ends were kinda auburn/light brown.
But a kind lady at the salon offered to dye my hair a very deep chocolate brown.
But then my roots grew back so it was a very subtle tricolour (black, very very dark brown, dark brown).
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blue_Mason)
lol how? well i personally wouldn't want to but why stop someone from doing it? it's their hair...
username1150116
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I have blonde hair so have dip dyed it in blue, red, purple over the past year. Since its steadily getting darker blonde since I left high school I've been dying it back to light blonde recently :3 I have also dyed my friends hair.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah my hair is dyed mahogany.

I haven't seen my real colour for a few years. I could be grey by now, I have no idea haha. (God I hope not)
kka25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tempted :ninja:
Wolfegirl98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I dip dyed my hair blue, cut if off, dip dyed it green, cut it off, now I wana dye my whole hair pastel pink!!
kant_touch_this
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes i dye my hair, as other shades of brown suit me a lot better than what i was naturally born with, i'm too pale for my natural hair colour which makes me look washed out

would you consider grooming to be fake? or changing your "natural" state in any way, i mean, you getting a haircut or shaving is clearly deception (that's if you have hit puberty)
Kflo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh me I love colouring my hair. I have had red hair like red red not ginger red. I'm Asian so been blessed with ****ing darkest black hair and had to use two tubs of blonde live colour xxl the lightest shade of blonde they had at the time idk if it was called ice platinum blonde or sth to make it lighter colour then applied live colour xxl red. This was the time Rihanna also did the red hair in what's my name. Beaut colour. Then I dip dyed tips blonde so it legit looked like fireeeee. Then I turned all blonde bc I liked how it looked blonde before red. Then I did natural black hair as a break but left the blonde ombré so it was black and grey ombré. After that I really wanted mermaidy/ pastel hair and this was the time when bleach London hair colours came around. I immediately got bullini and washed up mermaid. Then I wanted to be like ****ing khaleesi lmao so I went blonde used purple shampoo to make it silver but being Asian it's tough to get it blonde unless I did proper salon **** so I decided to go pastel and did pink hair. And now I am back to black but it's like a reverse ombré. So my roots and top part is black and then it's silvery greyey. And I v much love this. For now. 😂😂😂😂
Kflo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do you mean it's inappropriate? Sure it's fake but it's something we feel will suit us better and be different than normal. I mean no offence to people who don't but some people like me we feel our personality don't match our hair. Or that our natural hair colour doesn't suit our skin tone and all that. Like I personally do it bc I love colour I love being different and it makes me feel powerful and confident. I have black hair im average ugly short and I feel like people don't really notice me in a group of friends I'm invisible (quite literally lmao) I don't want attention tho im not an attention seeking person but I don't want to be invisible I don't want to be a wallflower I would rather have people look me in the eye and so if my fake coloured hair helps me be seen, so be it.
username457532
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't believe how inappropriate it is for me to feel comfortable in my body. And I'm so shocked that people know my blue hair is fake - I thought I'd managed to persuade everyone it's my natural hair colour.

What can I do? I can't dye it back because that would also be 'inappropriate' and 'fake'. As someone who clearly knows what I should do with my body more than I do, please tell me what to do...
silverbolt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Yeah my hair is dyed mahogany.

I haven't seen my real colour for a few years. I could be grey by now, I have no idea haha. (God I hope not)
i was going grey at 23. I inherited my mothers hair, curly thick and early greying.

But like you i havent seen my natural hair colour in years. Its currently red
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did natural highlights in the summer using lemon juice and honey then sitting out in the sun, but I've never properly dyed it. Will probably dye it before I go to uni though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.23%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (75)
28.09%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.6%

Watched Threads