The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer Schools Query

Okay so I've decided I'm going to apply to go onto one of the summer schools next year, but how do I decide between the universities?! Since it's free and during the summer, travelling far away is not an issue.

The list is Bristol, Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh and St Andrews (based on 2015 subjects). Which ones are more competitive? They're to study Economics for a week, does anyone have any experience with these summer schools?
Reply 1
Original post by Mr...
I'd just apply to all of them and make your choice once you've been offered a place (or is there a rule that doesn't allow you to do that or something)

You're only allowed to apply to one :frown:
Reply 2
Yeah I thought it would be, thanks for confirming! Would you say the ones up north such as St Andrews, Durham and Edinburgh are better ones to apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by Mr...
I guess it is all down to where you think you'll get the best from.:redface:
Also it depends on how you think you'll do this year and your GCSE grades (I think)

Good luck

They've all got pretty much the same entry requirements, the only thing that's different are the courses they offer. Yet most have similar courses to each other - making it difficult to choose :frown:

I might go with one up north...
Went to the UCL summer school in the summer , was great!
Reply 5
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Went to the UCL summer school in the summer , was great!

Good to hear! Do you know how oversubscribed it was?
Original post by jamestg
Good to hear! Do you know how oversubscribed it was?

It was?
Reply 7
It was?

Okay, I may apply to somewhere up north then...
Original post by jamestg
Okay, I may apply to somewhere up north then...

I was asking if it really was oversuscribed :P , i have a decent academic profile and got in , quite surprised. Where did u hear it was oversuscribed?
Reply 9
I was asking if it really was oversuscribed :P , i have a decent academic profile and got in , quite surprised. Where did u hear it was oversuscribed?

I thought you used a question mark to show you're guessing :biggrin: well the person above with the Cambridge one and on the website they do say it's competitive...

Quick Reply

Latest