The Student Room Group

Film Production with a sociable, party area?

Hello guys!
So I started my film production course in Royal Holloway and I'm unhappy here.
I am from Cardiff and I'm not used to the emptiness of Egham; sure London 40 minutes away but hard to reach at night, and the immediate surrounding areas aren't great.
(I enjoy partying, and I also enjoy having more things to do/visit in the day)

The course is okay with good rentable facilities, it's just (atleast at the moment) very historic/theory based, and I am more than capable of essay writing (received a few As in A Level English and History exams), but I'm not naturally inclined to write them much... I guess I came here to learn more how to specifically to create?

So I was wondering whether anybody knew a university or film school which focuses less on theory or atleast is very sociable with a good nightlife?
(preference for London unis due to the more sparse to/film job experiences, but I am up for any good university even abroad!)
Thank you very much for reading!

---I am looking to drop out, gain work experience for the rest of the year and apply for 2016
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't be thrown off, I know the value of learning the history of film and analysing/theorising them. But it weighs unfairly against teaching us the application of it.

And yes, I probably wouldn't consider leaving if it was just in a more lively area. I find that my creativity has suffered because I heavily lend my writing from my experiences, and what I've experienced is quite linear (to my tastes) here!

Don't get me wrong, if you are a RHUL type of person, it's amazing, I'm just... not :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest