Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What to do about a crook of a teacher? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i was being sarcasric hence the :rolleyes: and yes i was pretty proud of that work and if i still had it i would have probably published it, lol
    I know you were being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i was being sarcasric hence the :rolleyes: and yes i was pretty proud of that work and if i still had it i would have probably published it, lol
    My teacher lost my coursework in yr 10 and then left. I was then entered for the foundation tier instead of higher as my written work was missing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    My teacher lost my coursework in yr 10 and then left. I was then entered for the foundation tier instead of higher as my written work was missing.
    :eek: That's out of order! Had you not made copies?

ReputationRep:
    You should write everything down and say that his behaviour may be jeopardising your university place and if you do not get the essays then you will b forced to take legal action. This is not only to scare the senior managers of the school but as you may be applying to cambridge (did you ever decide whether to or not?) then formal legal documetation will provide a strong case if you don't get an A (which i'm sure you'll get). By the way, what papers are you doing? I'm doing Pilosophy of mind and Aristotle- nicomachean ethics.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylia)
    That's quite extreme! I agree you should complain though - go to whoever is his senior and see if they can do something about it. Sounds as if he's one of those teachers that just puts a tick at the end of work and pretend they've marked it though, so you'll probably have to do without before the exam.
    I don't think so - I agree with Fluffy and PQ. He is obviously not being honest about this, for whatever reason, but it is irresponsible and unprofessional to say the least, and absolutely unacceptable behaviour for someone in his position.
    He is abusing the authority that he has and needs to be made to account for his behaviour to someone.

I would suggest that you complain about him officially whether your work turns up this time or not - I know there won't be so much personal motivation for it, but if he feels he can get away with this ridiculous attitude to your grades and work, then he will see no reason not to do it to other people in the future, who may suffer from it more than you.
    Give the idiot a wake up call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    You should write everything down and say that his behaviour may be jeopardising your university place and if you do not get the essays then you will b forced to take legal action. This is not only to scare the senior managers of the school but as you may be applying to cambridge (did you ever decide whether to or not?) then formal legal documetation will provide a strong case if you don't get an A (which i'm sure you'll get). By the way, what papers are you doing? I'm doing Pilosophy of mind and Aristotle- nicomachean ethics.

MB
    Thanks for the advice.

Philosophy of Science and Ayer - Language Truth and Logic.

(All self taught of course *sigh*)

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.