Medicine in Romania Watch

Nightingale97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is there anyone on this forum who is currently a student in a medical school in Romania (cluj nopaco)? Or has studied before medecine in Romania? Can you tell me about your experience?
I heard that it has a really good level and I want to apply there but I don't know how to start applying, when are the deadlines?
If you're like me interested in studying medecine in Romania, you can send me a personal message and we can maybe help eachother?

BTW I am a french student and I will get American high school diploma by May 2016, I would like to start my medical school right after, I have the qualifications to get into a medical school.
I'm interested in both the french and the english program offered in Romania.
Anyone like me?
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why not apply to UK medical schools or medical schools in your own country?

Doctors that graduate from Eastern European medical schools, tend to be of a lower ability.
Nightingale97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by High Stakes)
Why not apply to UK medical schools or medical schools in your own country?

Doctors that graduate from Eastern European medical schools, tend to be of a lower ability.
I did not apply in the UK and in my home country (France) because I lived in middle eastern countries, I have the capacity to become a medical student but my diploma isn't accepted in these countries, in France I'll have to redo my last two high school years.
My dad is a surgeon and he told me about his Romanians colleagues who studied in Romania, he said that they had a very good level, and he's currently working with them in a very big hospital, after they finished their program in Romania, they went to France and other European countries and did their residency and now they're very good.
He just said that I'm gonna have to work very very hard, but I guess that applies to all the other medical schools.

I also thought of applying into a foundation year in the UK to prepare myself for a medical school. Do you know any good foundation programs for future medical students? And do you think I should still lose one year in a foundation year even though I have a good level?

Thank you for reading and answering.
thenextchemist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nightingale97)
I did not apply in the UK and in my home country (France) because I lived in middle eastern countries, I have the capacity to become a medical student but my diploma isn't accepted in these countries, in France I'll have to redo my last two high school years.
My dad is a surgeon and he told me about his Romanians colleagues who studied in Romania, he said that they had a very good level, and he's currently working with them in a very big hospital, after they finished their program in Romania, they went to France and other European countries and did their residency and now they're very good.
He just said that I'm gonna have to work very very hard, but I guess that applies to all the other medical schools.

I also thought of applying into a foundation year in the UK to prepare myself for a medical school. Do you know any good foundation programs for future medical students? And do you think I should still lose one year in a foundation year even though I have a good level?

Thank you for reading and answering.
It's the same amount of years even if you do a foundation degree here or in Bulgaria which is 6 years.
I think you should apply to both as applying to Bulgaria does not take up a space on UCAS.
Additionally, check out the foundation programmes you are eligible for in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
umair2016
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is there anyone on this forum who is currently a student in a medical school in Romania (cluj nopaco)? Or has studied before medecine in Romania? Can you tell me about your experience?
I heard that it has a really good level and I want to apply there but I don't know how to start applying, when are the deadlines?
If you're like me interested in studying medecine in Romania, you can send me a personal message and we can maybe help eachother?

BTW I am a french student and I will get American high school diploma by May 2016, I would like to start my medical school right after, I have the qualifications to get into a medical school.
Anyone like me?
Hi there. My case is a lot similar to you. I am considering to apply this year in a couple of medical universities of Romania. Admission processes of most of the universities are starting next month. Which ones are you willing to apply ?
Killyb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=umair2016;63469043]Hi there. My case is a lot similar to you. I am considering to apply this year in a couple of medical universities of Romania. Admission processes of most of the universities are starting next month. Which ones are you willing to appl

Hi, I'm thinking in applying too. Are you doing it through an agency? Do you have any info about these medical schools?
umair2016
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Killyb;64169731]
(Original post by umair2016)

Hi, I'm thinking in applying too. Are you doing it through an agency? Do you have any info about these medical schools?
Hello. I am applying on my own without an agency. I have gathered some info by calling the universities and talking to some people who are studying there. Which universities are you willing to apply?
ibstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Anyone like me?

Hello

I would like to know the answer to this myself. What have you decided to do? The website I have been on suggests that fees are reasonable and it is easy to get into medicine but it would be useful to hear from someone who has been through this. If I find out anything I will post it
AsalaR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibstar)
Hello

I would like to know the answer to this myself. What have you decided to do? The website I have been on suggests that fees are reasonable and it is easy to get into medicine but it would be useful to hear from someone who has been through this. If I find out anything I will post it
I'm studying in Bulgaria, but one of my friends applied with the medlinkstudents agency and got accepted in Romania. You can inquire with the agency if you don't know where to begin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%