History: A*
Geography: A*
Maths: A
Spanish: A/A*
RS: A
Physics: A
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*

So I want to take chemistry seeing as it's my all time favourite subject, and I also want to take maths. I want to take Spanish but I am better at English. I don't enjoy history but I am good at it. I enjoy biology but apparently it is hard at a level.

1). English or Spanish?
2). Should I take history?
3). How hard is biology?
4). How hard is maths?
5). How hard is chemistry?
6). How hard is Spanish?
7). How hard is English?
8). How hard is history?
DemiHMT
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just finished my AS level exam and now studying A2 level in English Lit, Sociology and Economics.
Your options of A level should be based on what career pathway you will go, the second u should think should be your interest in the subjects.
As a humanities student, I chose Econs instead of business studies made me regret until now.
It's not my interest subject thus it makes me kind of hard to catch up especially with those graphs+_+
A level knowledge is much deeper than GCSE, interest will make you easier on the way.
Btw, luckily your history result was good in GCSE, cuz eng.lit requires not only literary devices, analysis method, some history background will be greatly helpful too.
mughushed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't take something you won't enjoy, so if you don't enjoy History, I wouldn't recommend taking it. It is hard, I take it for AS, and I loved it at GCSE and now I dislike it quite a lot.

I'm doing AS Biology at the moment, and it's not as hard as people make it out to be. Sure, there's a lot of key definitions to learn, but that's a given. It's becoming one of my favourite subjects and I don't find the workload unbearable (at the moment, anyway).

If you prefer Spanish over English, I'd opt for Spanish. You might be 'better' at English, but if you prefer Spanish, you're more likely to revise and work in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (341)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (270)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed