The Student Room Group

Oxford college rejection

I have applied to study Fine Art at the Ruskin School, Oxford. I recently sent off my portfolio however before they have even had a chance to look at it, I have received an email from my college saying I won't be able to attend Oxford this year as they can't find a college for me. Does this mean I am completely out of the runnings?
Should I wait for an email from Ruskin before I organise for my portfolio to be collected?

Has this happened to anyone else? because as far as I can tell I am the only one from my school, which is making me feel pretty rubbish at the moment..
Hi,

What specifically did the letter say?

Was it along the lines of... "In view of the overall competition for places, and after consultation with other colleges and the Department/Faculty for your subject, your application is no longer under consideration by any of the colleges here."

I think its likely that they have looked at your portfolio already as I don't believe they would send out decisions for interview before looking at everyones work. The ruskin also don't contact you at this stage of interview decision so I would probably begin looking at organising your portfolio collection.
Reply 2
Original post by Artfanatic
Hi,

What specifically did the letter say?

Was it along the lines of... "In view of the overall competition for places, and after consultation with other colleges and the Department/Faculty for your subject, your application is no longer under consideration by any of the colleges here."

I think its likely that they have looked at your portfolio already as I don't believe they would send out decisions for interview before looking at everyones work. The ruskin also don't contact you at this stage of interview decision so I would probably begin looking at organising your portfolio collection.

Yeh that was it. Oh ok, thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending