The Student Room Group

I partly blame video games for terrorism and the recent events

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=elliemayxo;60632673]Because research and studies are always right aren't they? You and everyone else on this post are part of the problem that we are facing. Pretty much just as bad as the ones bombing the country's.
Ummmmmm well if they all point to the same thing, 99.9% of the time they're going to be right...................
Original post by Alexion
Holy ****, now you're claiming that gamers are on par with terrorists?!?!

You're another level of ****ed in the head.

What a twit
Original post by Alexion
Holy ****, now you're claiming that gamers are on par with terrorists?!?!

You're another level of ****ed in the head.

Yes, I do think they're on the same wave length as terrorists considering they're supporting that violent behaviour. Go and join Isis why don't you.
Original post by elliemayxo
You are vile, naive, and messed up as a human.

Oh god you sound like so such a child, please just admit that you are wrong and move on.
Let me firstly say that I am not saying that anybody who plays games on their XBOX, playstation, etc.. or whatever it may be, are terrorists or are going to become one.

What I am saying, is that if I was in charge of this country then I would completely ban ALL video games that involved any form of violence, and anything involving harming one another.

I've seen these games for myself, people are earning points to blow up countries, rape women, shoot one another, etc. And they are being rewarded for this. Let me give an example- it's usually the weird boy who sits in his room all day playing on games where these things are happening, he's probbaly linking up on these games with people all around the world (this is how alot of these terrorist groups start) and it gets to a point where the games aren't enough for him, and that if these things are happening in the games then clearly it's ok to do it in the real world.

Anybody playing on these games are being brainwashed into thinking that it's normal to follow out these vile acts, how can we teach people that violence and terrorism is wrong when it's completely legal to play on video games where you're being rewarded and being taught that it's ok to be doing those things?.

There are parents probably out in the supermarkets right now buying their 15 year old son's games where violence and terror is the norm.

The moment you are focusing on these stupid games, your mind isn't focused onto the rights things, and it's not healthy.

How can anybody talk about world peace and how we want to end all of this, when half of these people are quite happy to sit in their rooms all day and follow through these acts? whether it's in real life or not, I don't care. If you are buying games where these things happen then clearly you don't have an issue with that lifestyle and you are promoting it.

Wouldn't it be nice if people actually got out in the real world, if boys aged 10-14 went out with their friends and the only dangerous thing that could happen would be a stupid fight in a playground? instead they are being taught from a young age that it's completely normal to watch people suffer, and that's an issue.

Wisdom and health comes from being peaceful and calm, not enjoying watching people suffer. If you are not ok with it happening in the real world then you're a hypocrite if you're happy to watch it happen on social media, video games, etc.

Shame on all parents who think it's ok to let their children do this, and shame on anyone who thinks it's ok to do these things whether it's in the real world or not. YOU are part of the issue.

I also want to add that praying isn't going to help any of these recent events, the only thing that will help is taking action on what's wrong.

About brainwashing there's this thing called an age rating, though parents and retailers are a bit thick when it comes to this stuff since they are like: yeah its normal, 12 year olds playing CoD. Though not all games tend to give as much of a bad impression as others, I played a load of shooters since I was 11 such as Halo and Space Marine (fml that was ridiculous) and years later I can't stand real violence and related stuff.

Also with blowing up countries and that other stuff you listed that's in a lot of 18 or now banned games. Tends to be the ones with actual mental disorders who commit these crimes and play violent video games.
Original post by Louisb19
Oh god you sound like so such a child, please just admit that you are wrong and move on.

I will never admit I'm wrong when I know I'm not. The one standing alone is usually the one who's talking sense, rather than a bunch of sheep.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl::rofl3::rofl:

I will never admit I'm wrong when I know I'm not. The one standing alone is usually the one who's talking sense, rather than a bunch of sheep.

Why are you using the word 'know'. Nobody knows anything objectively, people only have opinions. The fact that you say things like this is why no one is taking you seriously.
It's invisible what's happening, people done realise what these things are doing to their brains. When your mind is only concentrating on one thing for hours on end, and everything else around you is exlucded, that is dangerous for your mind

haha oh god its the same arguement used by anita sarkeesian bloody hell.
you've basically shot yourself in the foot with that argueent

Because research and studies are always right aren't they? You and everyone else on this post are part of the problem that we are facing. Pretty much just as bad as the ones bombing the country's.

oh i didn't realize me playing video games was on par with me actually killing people jeez i must be evil...........all those virtual cops i killed over 5000 of them damn i'm a monster.......
Yes, I do think they're on the same wave length as terrorists considering they're supporting that violent behaviour. Go and join Isis why don't you.

WE DO NOT SUPPORT VIOLENCE.

Let me make that clear.

Manipulating pixels on a screen is by no means comparable to the manipulation of real lives that is going on in the world. You're incredibly ignorant if you believe that gamers think in the same way as terrorists, especially considering the fact that - as I said - HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people play these shooter games that you refer to.

Please take your head out of your own ass and listen to the people around you.
Original post by Student403
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Trust me dude, I :rofl:d too...
And I actually just looked through the thread, not even gonna bother giving a serious response now.
Original post by Alexion
WE DO NOT SUPPORT VIOLENCE.

Let me make that clear.

Manipulating pixels on a screen is by no means comparable to the manipulation of real lives that is going on in the world. You're incredibly ignorant if you believe that gamers think in the same way as terrorists, especially considering the fact that - as I said - HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people play these shooter games that you refer to.

Please take your head out of your own ass and listen to the people around you.

You're another one who's part of the problem.

- the girl who told gamers to join ISIS
Because research and studies are always right aren't they? You and everyone else on this post are part of the problem that we are facing. Pretty much just as bad as the ones bombing the country's.

:laugh: sorry, so you reckon solid science is wrong because it doesn't agree with your half baked opinion? You're wrong, get over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Several long term studies (up to 20 years in length) have found absolutely no link between video games and violence.
Feel free to have the opinion, but it's an ignorant one.
Original post by Vikingninja
About brainwashing there's this thing called an age rating, though parents and retailers are a bit thick when it comes to this stuff since they are like: yeah its normal, 12 year olds playing CoD. Though not all games tend to give as much of a bad impression as others, I played a load of shooters since I was 11 such as Halo and Space Marine (fml that was ridiculous) and years later I can't stand real violence and related stuff.

Also with blowing up countries and that other stuff you listed that's in a lot of 18 or now banned games. Tends to be the ones with actual mental disorders who commit these crimes and play violent video games.

space marine at aged 11? wait how old are you?

Original post by Student403
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ah the madness of those who want to ban things they dislike.

WTF have you been smoking? they are not supporting violent behaviour also i didn't realise the virtual bits of data could actually feel usuffering and pain....... ok so your stance is basically video gamers are equal to terrorists.....

Girl, I'm the least threatening person you'd ever meet in real life. Come fite me on Counter-Strike tho... :lockstock:

And right here is where you became someone who has absolutely no place having such opinions.

You truly are a wilfully ignorant silly little girl who should be ashamed of herself.
Original post by DeathGuardElite
space marine at aged 11? wait how old are you?

Meant as in I just started shooters at 11, had space marine when I was 13.

Quick Reply

Latest