Virgin guys make terrible partners

Watch
The Rad Prince
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've noticed talk of slut-shaming etc on TSR, but the other side of this is whether a guy's past matter

I've often noticed guys who are virgins, especially if they lose it late, tend to be slightly messed up. Either they become extremely attached to the girl after just doing one thing, or they dump the girl and think they will be godlike players and try to make up for lost time.

Wondering what people's thoughts on this are
Macaulayyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everyone is different. Some guys don't actually give a **** about when they lose their virginity because they have better things to concentrate on. It's all dependent on the individual.
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As much as I dislike to admit it I kind of slightly agree with you.
The Rad Prince
Rep:
?
(Original post by Macaulayyy)
Everyone is different. Some guys don't actually give a **** about when they lose their virginity because they have better things to concentrate on. It's all dependent on the individual.
You make it sound like a military operation which takes years of careful planning...

:erm:
SmellyProtein
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agreed. Few of my mates are virgins and its awkward watching them with girls.
The Rad Prince
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmellyProtein)
Agreed. Few of my mates are virgins and its awkward watching them with girls.
OMG one of mine tried to discuss economics with a girl he liked, was such cringe

He was really clever and handsome too, if he acted like less of an aspie he could have done really well in that regard.
Illiberal Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Rad Prince)
He was really clever and handsome too, if he acted like less of an aspie he could have done really well in that regard.
savage
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally one of the reasons I am a virgin is due to my fear of conflict, which relationships seem to have a lot of. Like I don't know how I would break up with someone who does not want to break up etc. I would probably find it easier being dumped by someone. Then there is the no mans land of not really knowing whether you are in a relationship or not.

If I have a problem it is because I am just generally invisible to people. I don't think I actually annoy people, other than that I can be awkward to be around (awkward silences). I can make friends with people and I actually hate being alone to an extent. I don;t know if I am actually introverted or just my fear of social stuff just drives me away from doing social things. As a result a lot of my hobbies are solitary like cycling etc and I only really come into proper contact with other through work/education or volunteering where there is something else to do other than just socialize.

I don't know how messed up I would be in a relationship since I have never managed to get over the initial hurdle of getting in one. I've always been crippling shy for as long as I can remember but considering I used to be the popular kid everyone wanted to be with in primary school I can actually make friends.

I really hope I am not to far gone. I do feel like I am getting swallowed up into a giant ****y black void. I really don't knwo how I can survive 50+ more years of this. I need to be able to function.
rxns_00
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
I've noticed talk of slut-shaming etc on TSR, but the other side of this is whether a guy's past matter

I've often noticed guys who are virgins, especially if they lose it late, tend to be slightly messed up. Either they become extremely attached to the girl after just doing one thing, or they dump the girl and think they will be godlike players and try to make up for lost time.

Agree with that 100%, experienced both cases haha
The Rad Prince
Rep:
?
(Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
savage
Tall, defined jaw and cheekbones, medium skin tone

Spaghetti everywhere :laugh:

I cri errytime
keturah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think so. You'll get men who aren't virgins who make bad partners and some virgins who will too. It depends on the individual person.
A guy being a virgin definitely wouldn't put me off having a relationship with him.
The Rad Prince
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Personally one of the reasons I am a virgin is due to my fear of conflict, which relationships seem to have a lot of. Like I don't know how I would break up with someone who does not want to break up etc. I would probably find it easier being dumped by someone. Then there is the no mans land of not really knowing whether you are in a relationship or not.

If I have a problem it is because I am just generally invisible to people. I don't think I actually annoy people, other than that I can be awkward to be around (awkward silences). I can make friends with people and I actually hate being alone to an extent. I don;t know if I am actually introverted or just my fear of social stuff just drives me away from doing social things. As a result a lot of my hobbies are solitary like cycling etc and I only really come into proper contact with other through work/education or volunteering where there is something else to do other than just socialize.

I don't know how messed up I would be in a relationship since I have never managed to get over the initial hurdle of getting in one. I've always been crippling shy for as long as I can remember but considering I used to be the popular kid everyone wanted to be with in primary school I can actually make friends.

I really hope I am not to far gone. I do feel like I am getting swallowed up into a giant ****y black void. I really don't knwo how I can survive 50+ more years of this. I need to be able to function.

I always had you down as a bit of a perfectionist which what I think holds you back.

Sometimes to be the best, you have to embrace failing, messing up - if a woman rejects you, dumps you, it's nothing, like a speed bump on the road
SmellyProtein
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OMG one of mine tried to discuss economics with a girl he liked, was such cringe

Iv got a mate who leads with the line ' I play Ultimate frisbee'. Another one likes to roar in a girls face ( only happended once).
Illiberal Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SmellyProtein)
Another one likes to roar in a girls face ( only happended once).
:rofl:

at least he learns from his mistakes...
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also the female equivalent of me, providing they were good looking, would probably get guys approaching them and making an effort around them so it is easier to learn how to do relationships. Where as I just get stuck in a rut.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sometimes to be the best, you have to embrace failing, messing up - if a woman rejects you, dumps you, it's nothing, like a speed bump on the road
I always feel like I am doing something wrong though. Like I am harassing someone by asking them out. That and most of the time I don't even know what we would do for a date. I can't do most normal things. Only thing I can think of is if she has similar outdoor interests as me we could go for a walk or bike ride, otherwise the only thing is sitting in a pub and hoping the booze will allow me to talk

Also the making up fo lost time is a thing. It's hard not to morn 5 years I could have been doing fun young sex things and I haven't made any mistakes so how can I learn what I want from relationships
Asolare
Report 5 years ago
Well this is a generalisation if I've ever seen one.
ice_man
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
at least virgins will be STD-free, with a dose of awkward ofcourse!
Danz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Well two wrongs don't make a right. Just because you've seen slut shaming on here doesn't mean you need to make negative generalisations about men on the same topic. I mean what's the point? Did you just think: "damn these people, telling girls they're sluts for sleeping around. I'll just say guys who are virgins are messed up to balance the scales". Yeah... no.

Firstly, why take the piss out of some guys getting attached to the girl they lose their virginity to? Isn't that exactly how alot of girls react after losing their virginity? To say that is 'slightly messed up' is pretty ****ty of you.

Secondly, didn't you just condemn guys for being too attached? Now you're condemning them for not being attached and sleeping around? Seems like a situation where you can't win. Besides, I've never met a guy who's lost it late that thinks he's a 'godlike player'. He may be happy he lost it, given the society we live in which laughs at guys being virgins for too long, but that's about it.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
As much as I dislike to admit it I kind of slightly agree with you.
Aren't you like 16,17.... ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.59%

Watched Threads