The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just...no.
Posted from TSR Mobile

My dreams are over then :frown:.
I honestly have next to no idea when most of my friends lost their virginity or in some cases if they even have so it's hard to form an opinion. I'd guess there is some confirmation bias here. I imagine there are virgins that you would never guess haven't had sex because they act normal and don't necessarily advertise the fact.
Original post by The Rad Prince
I've noticed talk of slut-shaming etc on TSR, but the other side of this is whether a guy's past matter

I've often noticed guys who are virgins, especially if they lose it late, tend to be slightly messed up. Either they become extremely attached to the girl after just doing one thing, or they dump the girl and think they will be godlike players and try to make up for lost time.

Wondering what people's thoughts on this are
I was twenty-two when I first had sex, and yes - I did become very attached to the girl it was with. That said, it was in a relationship, and attachment is kind of a given in that situation.

We were together for about nine months, and when she broke up with me I tried hard to remain friends with her. We had rifts, but we're friends again now. One thing she did say - even bearing in mind she broke up with me - was that I was about the best she'd had. In fact, she said this a few times; in person and in texts/Facebook/blah.

Though being good in bed for one girl isn't likely to make one good in bed for another. Not only that, but getting cocky (yes, pun intended) about it isn't going to reinforce that.

I try to not think about how good - or bad - I am in bed. I simply try to please the woman I'm with. When you're such as I am (giving pleasure being my biggest turn-on), that's the only way to be.

EDIT: the same girl with whom I lost my virginity once said, along with one of her friends, that men who 'lose it' older tend to be more open-minded. I don't know how that holds here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
I've noticed talk of slut-shaming etc on TSR, but the other side of this is whether a guy's past matter

I've often noticed guys who are virgins, especially if they lose it late, tend to be slightly messed up. Either they become extremely attached to the girl after just doing one thing, or they dump the girl and think they will be godlike players and try to make up for lost time.

Wondering what people's thoughts on this are

How many virgins have you slept with?
you can't tell if someone is a virgin without asking them. And they still might lie lol.
Reply 26
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I always feel like I am doing something wrong though. Like I am harassing someone by asking them out. That and most of the time I don't even know what we would do for a date. I can't do most normal things. Only thing I can think of is if she has similar outdoor interests as me we could go for a walk or bike ride, otherwise the only thing is sitting in a pub and hoping the booze will allow me to talk :frown:

Also the making up fo lost time is a thing. It's hard not to morn 5 years I could have been doing fun young sex things and I haven't made any mistakes so how can I learn what I want from relationships :frown:

Coming from me this is dumb asfk but it worked once (I lost mine a few months ago), you've got to be forward! Even if someone likes you they probably won't ask for your number, they probably won't ask for you to go on a date, they probably won't make the first kiss. TAKE CHARGE
Original post by whorace
Coming from me this is dumb asfk but it worked once (I lost mine a few months ago), you've got to be forward! Even if someone likes you they probably won't ask for your number, they probably won't ask for you to go on a date, they probably won't make the first kiss. TAKE CHARGE

But I don;t have an assertive bone in my body :cry:
Original post by Josb
How many virgins have you slept with?

I don't remember much sleeping but more than one

EDIT: I am guy btw, I forgot my profile still said I'm a lady

I always feel like I am doing something wrong though. Like I am harassing someone by asking them out. That and most of the time I don't even know what we would do for a date. I can't do most normal things. Only thing I can think of is if she has similar outdoor interests as me we could go for a walk or bike ride, otherwise the only thing is sitting in a pub and hoping the booze will allow me to talk :frown:Also the making up fo lost time is a thing. It's hard not to morn 5 years I could have been doing fun young sex things and I haven't made any mistakes so how can I learn what I want from relationships :frown:

You would care less about other people disliking you, calling you a creep if you were more experienced, you can't please everyone so why try?
(edited 8 years ago)

Do you want one?

:wink:
Aren't you like 16,17.... ?

Yeah 17
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yeah 17

How is guys being virgins a worrying sign at your age??

Teenagers... why you no have brain? :-/

Do you want one?

:wink:

Not unless you want it lopping off.
(edited 8 years ago)

I think you can be forward without feeling like you're being "assertive." A few years ago I read quite a few forum posts or whatever by women who find it sketchy when men ask for their numbers because they end up getting harassed. What I started doing was just giving out my number if I wanted someone to have it and not asking for theirs. It's pretty obvious what your intentions are, and you get their number anyway if they want you to have it.. Maybe it makes them feel more comfortable. IDK, I haven't really spoken with anyone about it.
Reply 33
I always feel like I am doing something wrong though. Like I am harassing someone by asking them out. That and most of the time I don't even know what we would do for a date. I can't do most normal things. Only thing I can think of is if she has similar outdoor interests as me we could go for a walk or bike ride, otherwise the only thing is sitting in a pub and hoping the booze will allow me to talk :frown:

Also the making up fo lost time is a thing. It's hard not to morn 5 years I could have been doing fun young sex things and I haven't made any mistakes so how can I learn what I want from relationships :frown:

You need to learn how to seduce and casually sleep around with women.
How is guys being virgins a worrying sign at your age??

Teenagers... why you no have brain? :-/

Not unless you want it lopping off.

Noo it's just something I've seen :' )
Noo it's just something I've seen :' )

lmao so you have next to zero life experience in this regard.
Original post by dairychocolate
lmao so you have next to zero life experience in this regard.

And it's something I've gone through too

How many virgins and non-virgins have you banged to come to this conclusion?

Schro cat? :beard:
Original post by dairychocolate
How many virgins and non-virgins have you banged to come to this conclusion?

Yes, tell us, for science!

Latest

Trending

Trending