The Student Room Group

Getting a nose piercing?

I've had my ears pierced twice on the lower lobes, but there's no bone or cartllage so it was fine, obviously stung a bit as the needle went in but it wasn't too bad.

Lately i've wanted a helix piercing but have always put off having it as the needle would go through cartilage. I was seriously considering doing it yesterday but people have told me it can be uncomfortable to sleep on, and i sleep on my side a lot so now i don't really want it done.. not yet anyway.

Now i'm thinking of a nose piercing, but i've heard that that really hurts. I know it will be worth it in the long term but i'm terrified of pain, and the skin is thick on your nose so that puts me off too.

The pain is my main issue and i hate that it's putting me off, but it is.
What were your experiences if you have your nose pierced? Would you recommend it, or how bad would you say the pain was?
Reply 1
yes it does hurt a lot. and when you need to blow your nose you bleed its horrible.
Original post by snowystarks
I've had my ears pierced twice on the lower lobes, but there's no bone or cartllage so it was fine, obviously stung a bit as the needle went in but it wasn't too bad.

Lately i've wanted a helix piercing but have always put off having it as the needle would go through cartilage. I was seriously considering doing it yesterday but people have told me it can be uncomfortable to sleep on, and i sleep on my side a lot so now i don't really want it done.. not yet anyway.

Now i'm thinking of a nose piercing, but i've heard that that really hurts. I know it will be worth it in the long term but i'm terrified of pain, and the skin is thick on your nose so that puts me off too.

The pain is my main issue and i hate that it's putting me off, but it is.
What were your experiences if you have your nose pierced? Would you recommend it, or how bad would you say the pain was?

I've pierced it twice :P
it doesn't hurt THAT much

Quick Reply

Latest