The Student Room Group

Help for my English coursework

Blue Money

Would you rather own a luxurious car or a standard one?Undoubtedly every individual acquires dreams no matter who they are; whether they are working class or they are weighted with wealth. Money doesn’t grow on trees, it takes hard work to earnit, ‘time is money’.Today I have in hand a dream, that no one will be judged by how big theirpockets are or how many cars they drive.Firstly, I have acknowledged from my experience that no one is ever grateful for what they have, obviously everyone wants more. All of us areblessed with a brilliant brain so certainly no one wants to be left behind,anyone would want to go further, anybody would want to be able to walk to themoon and there is nothing wrong with that.Certainly money dominates, it's very powerful, people can take advantagesof being rich by controlling others and also it can be bitter sweet as it canmake a person more arrogant.There are cases galore about a brother holding a knife to another brotherjust for the money this shows the influence of money and also rich people tendto have a higher chance of being killed compared to an average person.Money also changes the way people react to you, in most cases people don't represent the negativity of them about you because of your power. Another suffering deprivation is that fake friends will use you for money, you basically will be a credit tool for them you wouldn't know if they like you or your money. Money is something that we look at before choosing a job, the annual average salary in the UK is significantly high compare to the most other HIC countries around the world at £26000 a year, at this moment UK sits at sixth place but if you are looking to earn more money than United States and Ireland are where you may be interested in. Sometimes if a person has higher income than you doesn't mean that they will be getting more money than you depending on the bracket they fit because if you are earning under £31,785 you will be paying the basic rate tax at 20% and if you’re earning more you would have to pay 40% tax so just do the maths yourself.Family could be asking you for large sums of money all of the time. Thiscould make the rich person feel obligated to do so, because they're family.They could also feel guilty if they don't want to, or can't afford to loan them that much. Also, people would refer to as selfish, this could fall under thelines of being misunderstood. If a rich person spends their money on the moreexpensive things in life, people feel that they're frivolously spending whenthey could be contributing on the greater good for example charities, donationsand furthermore, a middle-class member wouldn't be referred to be greedy ifthey spend money on themselves because they are not earning a lot. Don’t think that rich people will not have economic complication,considering a higher mortgage for a bigger house, higher car insurance for aluxury car, private schools for kids. Moreover, you’re at the mercy of theeconomy like everyone else. If this rich person owns a business, a trade and itfails they could find themselves in financial difficulties with the highpayments they were able to afford with their previous income.I would like to think that most rich people know how to invest or are goodwith saving money. Yet, this isn't the case with everyone. Not everyone is goodat handling money, so they could find themselves right back at square one ifthey spend it all in an irresponsible manner. Such is the case with a lot oflotto winners, or overnight successes. Don't forget that money can't buy happiness. You could have all the moneyin the world, and still be lonely inside or suffer from depression and havefamily issues just like everyone else.At first money is admirable however a person slowly gets used to thelifestyle and changes into a different person, also the more money people makethe greedier they get because they get hungry for more money.
Can someone please help me improve this as this is c grade and I need to push it to make it much better
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending