Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Going to Nottingham for Management Studies
    Nice my g/f is at notts it kicks ass up there, great pubs clubs and women

ReputationRep:
    oh poop, I dodn't realise it was the report one

Oh well I think I know most of it, it is just those ratios I am a bit rusty on.

Anyone got a website with them on, don't wanna go looking through last modules notes now.

ReputationRep:
    Phew I have found my notes , but there is one thing i can't remember, how do you work out Capital Employed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sang)
    Let me get something straight, the first part of unit5 is based upon the appendix's involved, so you make calculations/ratio anaylsis comparing the data for and against then evaluate.

The second question (choice) involves including any range of any part of the syllabus including AS material, correct? As in not just those topics covered under unit5.

So alot of the calculations ratios etc done in unit4 re-occur in the first part of unit5, yes?
    Well Unit 4 revision book from Allan Phillips includes both Topic 4 and 5 so you ca nget asked the same things on both papersjust in the differnet way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamgud)
    Phew I have found my notes , but there is one thing i can't remember, how do you work out Capital Employed?

you dont need to work out any figures

we get given 5 sets of data which we have to evaluate and analyse etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamgud)
    Capital employed is fixed assets + current assets - current liabilities

ReputationRep:
    please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I chose question 4 in my second part,it was about losing a big contract for soap manufacures...
    the question said:discuss the possible implication of this for the business.
    I discusses it ,but also USE MORE THAN 1 PAGE TO WRITE WHAT THEY SHOULD ACT,,,,
    what do you think??will it be relevant????????
    please help
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetjanet)
    please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I chose question 4 in my second part,it was about losing a big contract for soap manufacures...
    the question said:discuss the possible implication of this for the business.
    I discusses it ,but also USE MORE THAN 1 PAGE TO WRITE WHAT THEY SHOULD ACT,,,,
    what do you think??will it be relevant????????
    please help
    thanks
    Sounds fine to me

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.