The Student Room Group

Is this a good revision plan? [Nov 2015 - August 2016 brief overview]

Hi, I'm a gap year student resitting my A level exams.

Can I get your opinion if this is a good overview for revision. I achieved BBC(Maths, Physics & History) and planning on achieving A*AC not resitting History.

November 16th - Dec 31st:
1) Recap A level Maths C1-4 + 5 past papers per module completed.
2) Recap Physics unit 1, 2, 4, 5 theory written papers and complete 5 past papers per unit.

Jan 1st - Feb 16th:
1) Recap A level Maths M1+S2 theory and complete 6-7 past papers per unit.
2) Complete all Edexcel past papers for Physics unit 1, 4 & 5(not resitting unit 2)

Feb 17th-March 14th:
1) Recap A level Maths C2, C3, C4 theory & alternate between C2-4, M1, S2 past papers and by aiming to complete all Edexcel past papers for each unit.
1) Complete all of A level Physics international papers for unit 1, 4 & 5.

March 15th-early May:
1) Complete A level Maths international papers for C2, C3, C4, M1, S2.
2) Redo A level Physics Edexcel unit 1,4 & 5 past papers? [don't know what to do for Physics at this stage as I would have done everything]

Early May-late June:
1) Recap theory for each module (maths=examsolutions) and redo/look over any past papers done quite a while ago. The same with Physics but revision guides for theory.

July-August:
1) A level Further maths: FP1, FP2 & M2. [2 weeks on FP1, 4 weeks on FP2 & self-teaching M2 throughout the 8 weeks]

Overall opinion? Personally I think I can manage it with free time i.e
9-11am = Gym.
1-4:30pm = Maths.
4:30-7:00pm = Break
7:30pm-11pm = Physics. <--- Repeat.

I'm planning on studying MSc Physics at Bristol/Exeter/UCL.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anybody else planned throughout their revision this early or created a similar calendar breaking down their
revision tasks in small bits?
No get all the content done by feb, and focus on past papers to the lead up for exams.
Past papers are the key to succeeding in the exams. Try to start earlier with the papers and that should definitely give you the edge for the grades you aim to get
Original post by kamranhyder
Past papers are the key to succeeding in the exams. Try to start earlier with the papers and that should definitely give you the edge for the grades you aim to get

The issue is running out of past papers. I plan on covering all the theory and completely 50% of past papers now nov-feb time and 50% of past papers closer to exam date i.e march-may. If I leave them all until exam season I would feel too much pressure to perform and if I complete all past papers now I would have nothing left for exam season.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
The issue is running out of past papers. I plan on covering all the theory and completely 50% of past papers now nov-feb time and 50% of past papers closer to exam date i.e march-may. If I leave them all until exam season I would feel too much pressure to perform and if I complete all past papers now I would have nothing left for exam season.

This is why you use other exam board papers.

Also if you leave all the papers to march, I doubt you will finish all of them off.

Try do them in exam conditions as well.

Quick Reply

Latest