The Student Room Group

BTEC level 3 IT

im starting to think about nextyear and i want to do btec level 3 it but i dont do ict at gcse and im not sure if that will influence me if i do that course
It would help if you did ICT GCSE.
Original post by rwallace641
im starting to think about nextyear and i want to do btec level 3 it but i dont do ict at gcse and im not sure if that will influence me if i do that course

I did BTEC level 3 IT for college and its a great subject to do if you are looking for a job within IT in the future
Reply 3

To be honest GCSE IT isn't a big requirement. You'll learn everything by scratch in Btec level 3 so don't worry.
Reply 4
Original post by AzimH
To be honest GCSE IT isn't a big requirement. You'll learn everything by scratch in Btec level 3 so don't worry.

thanks that helps me a lot
Reply 5
Original post by StrongerSafe
I did BTEC level 3 IT for college and its a great subject to do if you are looking for a job within IT in the future

thanks i was thinking of going into the IT job sector
thanks i was thinking of going into the IT job sector

Thats good that you know what you want to get into. Also, I think you have to do BTEC Level 2 first before you do BTEC Level 3 because level 2 is equivalent to GCSE IT.
Reply 7
Thats good that you know what you want to get into. Also, I think you have to do BTEC Level 2 first before you do BTEC Level 3 because level 2 is equivalent to GCSE IT.

i thought that level 2 will get you some gcses and level 3 is equivalent to a levels
Yes that is right level 3 is equivalent to a levels
Reply 9
Yes that is right level 3 is equivalent to a levels

so assuming i get the required amount of gcses then i can do level 3 if not i will have to do level 2

Quick Reply

Latest