He knew how much I cared - my poem

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I wanted to know what you thought about my poem. I was friends with somebody who I loved very much but in the end it did not work out. I'm the sort of girl who struggles to open up to boys so when this person got married I felt very lost and sad. I have moved on with my life but I felt like writing something about our relationship.

He knew how much I cared for him but he still chose money and greed
He knew how much I cared about but didn't stop to appreciate me
He knew how much I cared about him but didn't stop any other girls from contacting me
He knew how much I cared about him but he didn't stop to compare others to me
He knew how much I cared about him but chose others over me
He knew how much I cared about him but chose to hang up on me all the time
He knew how much I cared but chose to block me instead
He knew how much I cared but chose to ignore me all the time
He knew how much I cared but in the end he broke my heart
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
Very sad OP you should get counselling. This friend did he ever express love for you? If not he can't have broken your heart you broke your own. How can you say he chose money and greed what if he really love that person?
troubadour.
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I wanted to know what you thought about my poem. I was friends with somebody who I loved very much but in the end it did not work out. I'm the sort of girl who struggles to open up to boys so when this person got married I felt very lost and sad. I have moved on with my life but I felt like writing something about our relationship.

He knew how much I cared about him but didn't stop any other girls from contacting me
It sounds like you wanted a little more than friendship from him...
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago

:console: :grouphugs: :jumphug:

Hopefully you will find someone that will give you as much as you would give them.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 years ago
Hit me in the feels OP :cry2:
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
As bad I feel for saying this; it sounds as if he wanted to remain friends but you were willing to give your all, and he was willing to take it without reciprocating anything.

You should speak to someone about how you're feeling.
Anonymous #1
Very sad OP you should get counselling. This friend did he ever express love for you? If not he can't have broken your heart you broke your own. How can you say he chose money and greed what if he really love that person?
He did for the first two years of our relationship but then changed dramatically once I came back from holiday. Ever since then he wasn't that good to me like he used to be
Anonymous #1
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
As bad I feel for saying this; it sounds as if he wanted to remain friends but you were willing to give your all, and he was willing to take it without reciprocating anything.

I know I feel like he used to me. He doesn't know much he had hurt me in the past when he was rude to me.
Anonymous #1
I know I feel like he used me to. He doesn't know much he had hurt me in the past when he was rude to me.
He basically liked to play me around because he knew I was a weak person.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SeanFM)
:console: :grouphugs: :jumphug:

Hopefully you will find someone that will give you as much as you would give them.
I gave him everything. There wasn't a time when I didn't stand by him.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)

He would demand chocolate nearly every month and I would post it to his address but didn't get me anything. I once asked him for something. I told him that it was his turn to get me something but instead he said I was greedy.
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
He would demand chocolate nearly every month and I would post it to his address but didn't get me anything. I once asked him for something. I told him that it was his turn to get me something but instead he said I was greedy.
That's messed up man, he took advantage of you.

It's best you move on and don't dwell on the past (easier said than done ik)
Anonymous #1
I don't need counselling. I just want to move on with my life but every time I think about this it makes me really sad and I start to cry. When this person knew how much I loved him but instead he decided to marry somebody else that his parents had arranged. I'm a Muslim girl by the way and he is Muslim too.
samina_ay
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I can relate to your heartbreak, best thing is keep yourself busy, do you acquire a new hobby, change up your appearance, get a new job etc and most importantly, meet up with your friends on the regular. x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by samina_ay)
I can relate to your heartbreak, best thing is keep yourself busy, do you acquire a new hobby, change up your appearance, get a new job etc and most importantly, meet up with your friends on the regular. x
I am busy with my life and career but when I get free time all I think about is the past.
samina_ay
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I am busy with my life and career but when I get free time all I think about is the past.
Why do you allow yourself to do that? it's damaging you huni, watch a movie? read a good book?
Hmm, i do think about the past often too.. but i just think about my future positive thoughts always. Just remember nostalgia is a dirty liar, insisting things were better than they actually seemed. When in reality they weren't, he was clearly poison, and be glad he's out of your life. You will meet lots of new people and brilliant personalities x
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I gave him everything. There wasn't a time when I didn't stand by him.
Aww. Well, it's his loss, and the important thing is that you're moving forward slowly but surely.
ActuallyIDo
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
19.08%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.45%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.63%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.79%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.85%

Watched Threads