Urgent - can I stay at university without studying?

Watch
TouchtheOoo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently in my first year of university but have decided that I no longer wish to continue with my studies, the only issue with dropping out at the moment is that I have nowhere to go and I'm not allowed to go back to my parents.

I have a meeting tomorrow with someone at the university, do you think they would let me stay here until I sort something out?

What should I do?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TouchtheOoo)
I am currently in my first year of university but have decided that I no longer wish to continue with my studies, the only issue with dropping out at the moment is that I have nowhere to go and I'm not allowed to go back to my parents.

I have a meeting tomorrow with someone at the university, do you think they would let me stay here until I sort something out?

What should I do?
usually once you are no longer a student you aren't eligible for student accomodation, however as yours is a less straightforward case I doubt anyone on here can give you an answer. You do need to be prepared to consider alternatives though and to get a job or make a claim for housing benefit asap, once you drop out of uni you will no longer receive student finance.
CAElite
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Check your accomodation contract. I know atleast in mine it says that if i drop out/get kicked out of college I have 3 days to vacate my accomodation.
lleeharu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i am a freshman just like you .and now i am stuying for Wed's test .in my opinion , if i continue study i will get more chance that those who has dropped lessons or doesn't go to school.also , many people have the same thought as me in my country. but actually,i think people should do those things they want to do when he or she has enough ablity.

来自我的 H60-L02 上的 Tapatalk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.23%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.76%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.8%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (46)
24.34%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.59%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads