The Student Room Group

Application rejection email at 12.33AM?!

I applied for the virgin media graduate scheme and sent the form in around 11pm that night. I woke up this morning to find an instant rejection which was sent at 12.33am this morning.

Does this mean that a human has not even read my application? I doubt that they would be working at that time of the night.

I understand rejection however I can't help but feel like this wasn't fair if someone has even looked at my application..

Posted from TSR Mobile
You probably didn't meet the automated criteria and we're filtered out by an option you selected...
Original post by Tubby4ben
You probably didn't meet the automated criteria and we're filtered out by an option you selected...

Basically this.
Reply 3

Yeah I get that but I don't understand how they filter that out of the important questions which were written? Like they weren't tick boxes or anything.
[QUOTE="annarchy.;60656823"]Yeah I get that but I don't understand how they filter that out of the important questions which were written? Like they weren't tick boxes or anything.[/QUOTE

So it was ALL written questions. No drop boxes or any selection parts?
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Tubby4ben;60656987"]
Original post by annarchy.
Yeah I get that but I don't understand how they filter that out of the important questions which were written? Like they weren't tick boxes or anything.[/QUOTE

So it was ALL written questions. No drop boxes or any selection parts?

Other than the equal opportunities etc yes
Reply 6
There could have been someone working at that time - you don't know if the recruitment person couldn't sleep, or even if they're on holiday/based in another time zone. Personally, I have done work (as in work work, not as in homework for school, although most students have probably pulled that off at some point) at that time, and I'm sure other people have, too. If the scheme is popular they will have hundreds of applications to review and will want to get through them quickly so that nobody is waiting too long for a reply, and this will mean fitting it around other things.

But even if it wasn't reviewed, that doesn't make it unfair. They will have criteria, and can programme a computer to look for this. Most applications will have some form of tick box or drop down question, and because they're so common they don't stand out.
Reply 7

Then you've skipped the whole second page of the applciation form.
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
Then you've skipped the whole second page of the applciation form.

What was on the second page again??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
What was on the second page again??

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of drop down boxes. And it was the education section, so it would make sense that they would screen you out if that isn't what they're looking for.
U just got dingied:colondollar: #awkward
Reply 11
Original post by Juno
A lot of drop down boxes. And it was the education section, so it would make sense that they would screen you out if that isn't what they're looking for.

Oooh yeah okay fair enough. Thanks for letting me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

x

Computer programs can screen for keywords and phrases.. It's not really that surprising nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone else applied for this scheme?

Wow I'm so glad I came across this thread because I was going to apply much later but if they're already going through applications I might as well start

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending