Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all you UKL Birmingham selected few!!

Just wondered if you would be up for having a get together during freshers week?? It would give us a head start on making friends!!

I'm doing an open poll so I can see who is interested!!

We can sort it out nearer the time

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    hahaha yep that would be cool - but exam grades are clouding my intended happiness, but it's ok for you !!! mrs. unconditional offer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yup - I'll be up for that (assuming I get in......)

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I'd be up for that. Drop me an e-mail at some point.

No exams for me, I think I'll spend today on Bondi Beach. Hah! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my exams yesturday (Physics Synoptic paper) so I'm posting like mad now. I'd b up 4 a "gathering". Don't think I'll know barly ne one there ne way. Just gota make the grades now - pritty sure I have though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Just finished my exams yesturday (Physics Synoptic paper) so I'm posting like mad now. I'd b up 4 a "gathering". Don't think I'll know barly ne one there ne way. Just gota make the grades now - pritty sure I have though.
    What was your offer for Comp Sci? Mine was BBB last year.

ReputationRep:
    Well the origianl offer was BBC (they said the C was becuase I was doing Physics or summit like that) but they lowered it 2 BCC after I did an aptitude test - think they only brought that in this year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I also heard that the aptitude test was new this year. What was it like?

ReputationRep:
    It was OK. Lots of logic and basic maths on it. Not much else. Didn't ask you to write any code or ne thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    It was OK. Lots of logic and basic maths on it. Not much else. Didn't ask you to write any code or ne thing.
    Heh, not bad then. I guess they couldn't ask you to write code, since they know quite a few students will start with no programming experience at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't post much so none of you really know me that well, but I'd be well up for this! You all seem like ace people so I'd love to meet some of you! I agree it'd make the whole thing slightly less scary too, although after a few drinks I'll be chatting to anyone that'll listen

Emma x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    Hey all you UKL Birmingham selected few!!

Just wondered if you would be up for having a get together during freshers week?? It would give us a head start on making friends!!

I'm doing an open poll so I can see who is interested!!

We can sort it out nearer the time

Ruthie xx
    bham is my insurance but deffo if i dont get into firm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz)
    Hi, I don't post much so none of you really know me that well, but I'd be well up for this! You all seem like ace people so I'd love to meet some of you! I agree it'd make the whole thing slightly less scary too, although after a few drinks I'll be chatting to anyone that'll listen

Emma x x x
    Surely its good that you end up chatting to everyone - whenever I go out I end up talking to people I've never seen before - meet a girl from Wolvs last week in The Tube. BTW - speaking of The Tube - do you guys have one? I know you've got a Revs (Revolutions) which is currently my fav place.

ReputationRep:
    Our results come out Thursday 19 August so perhaps when people know whether they are coming or not... Although I've only just joined and I don't really know who's who yet - you all seem pretty tame to me

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!!

Hope you all got the results you had hoped for!

Just to say if anyone else wants to add their name to the meeting up list then that would be cool, i'll send a PM round in the next few weeks with my email address etc on so that we can maybe sort something out during the first few weeks of uni??

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!!

Hope you all got the results you had hoped for!

Just to say if anyone else wants to add their name to the meeting up list then that would be cool, i'll send a PM round in the next few weeks with my email address etc on so that we can maybe sort something out during the first few weeks of uni??

Ruthie xx
    What exactly were we intending on doing? Meeting in the Union Bar (I'm assuming we have one) and then taking it from there, or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    What exactly were we intending on doing? Meeting in the Union Bar (I'm assuming we have one) and then taking it from there, or something like that?
    Yeah something like that!! Whatever anyone wants to do!! If no-one's up for it then it doesn't matter- just thought it might be cool to all meet up and have a chat etc....if we don't like each other we never have to meet again!! Its all good for freshers networking and making new friends!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    There are a few bars in the Guild (call it the Guild, damn it! ). Joe's, Beorma and the Underground (Underground might only be open when they have events, not sure) and there's always the Gun Barrells (or Gunnies) that's just off campus.

Yeah something like that!! Whatever anyone wants to do!! If no-one's up for it then it doesn't matter- just thought it might be cool to all meet up and have a chat etc....if we don't like each other we never have to meet again!! Its all good for freshers networking and making new friends!

Ruthie xx
    Will non-freshers be invited too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    There are a few bars in the Guild (call it the Guild, damn it! ). Joe's, Beorma and the Underground (Underground might only be open when they have events, not sure) and there's always the Gun Barrells (or Gunnies) that's just off campus.

of course!! the more the merrier!!
    everyone is welcome!!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)

once the freshers info comes out we can maybe organise it when there isn't anything else on???

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 6, 2004

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.